ABblades Gyuto Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AB blades

@abblades
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone !

I have been making knives for about 4 years, and most of my knives have a S-grind. I have made numerous changes to my grind, the latest one was bringing the hollow as close as possible to the cutting edge. This results in a thin primary bevel that has less cutting resistance and makes easier food release. At the same time, the blade should remain rigid, and the geometry should be suitable for further thinning.
At this point, I think I will stick with this grind, and I would like to organize a passaround of this knife to get some feedback :)

tempImageoEl4qj.png
tempImagexPXkse.png
tempImageqI2ZCc.png

The Knife specs
Gyuto Apex Ultra 66,8 HRC
250x65 mm
5 mm at the handle , 4 mm in the middle
0,35 mm 1 cm from the tip
Weight 265 g
Handle out of ebony and titanium

Rules :
EU and US members
450 € value insurance shipping
1 week testing period
Sharpening if needed

If you are interested please let me know in this thread
Thank you

East coast us, would love to try. Really interesting grind.

A big chunk of my collection are S-grinds and I have found I see better performance moving farther away from the primary Bevel so you have grabbed my interest. I would love to join if possible

Thank you, everybody, for your interest :)
I think that should be enough.
I have one question: For the US tour, should it be arranged state to state or like one coast, then the other? Regarding shipping costs.

Thank you, everybody, for your interest :)
I think that should be enough.
I have one question: For the US tour, should it be arranged state to state or like one coast, then the other? Regarding shipping costs.
With USPS and flat rate, it doesn't matter.

My suggestion is try to go in order by distance. Keep shipping time down and longer distances give more opportunities for something to happen.

Last edited:
Back