Abrasives in Micron Scale: Grand Logarithmic Grit Chart

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never even heard of some of these abrasives. GREAT JOB!

Idk how many times I've used your older versions of these charts to compare abrasives. You really are doing the metal grinding world a service.

I am glad you find this project of value. If you'll pardon the plug: if you would like to support my work I sell prints in poster sizes or on water resistant paper. I also accept donations. :)

I am glad you find this project of value. If you'll pardon the plug: if you would like to support my work I sell prints in poster sizes or on water resistant paper. I also accept donations. :)
I would actually love a print. I can't buy one right this second (see my wip thread for details there 😅). But I would love to when I get some extra change. Where can I find them for sale?

I would actually love a print. I can't buy one right this second (see my wip thread for details there 😅). But I would love to when I get some extra change. Where can I find them for sale?

My email is on every revision of the GLGC. I look forward to hearing from you.

I uploaded a new copy with changes to the Shapton column. I am treating this as a bug fix and not incrementing the revision count, as the old copy was up for only a few days and no prints or customized editions were produced. Shapton now marks the Glass Stone series similarly to the Rock Star series, and those markings are similar enough to JIS R 6001 to be redundant. Therefore only Shapton Pro (Kuromaku) stones are included separately, now with physical product colors.

When I posted this the latest version appeared below, but now it is showing revision 14 when I load the page. I don't know how to make the forum stop using an old cache copy. For now you'll have to click the image to load it from my site. Incidentally if you get an error on that please try refreshing the page; there's some bug that causes a transitory failure.

Last edited:
Back