Another can you name this knife from a movie post!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaym1818

Reaction score
Thanks for looking, heres another chefs knife I'm trying to ID, not sure if its a cheap china brand or something fancier like a Laguiole. (If you happen to be a Laguiole user they used 2 in 2021's Halloween Ends just fyi!)

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2024-04-13-13h58m15s076-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-13h58m15s076-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2024-04-13-13h58m17s828-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-13h58m17s828-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h00m16s327-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h00m16s327-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h00m17s872-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h00m17s872-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h00m48s397-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h00m48s397-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h04m10s882-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h04m10s882-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h04m22s272-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h04m22s272-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 0
  • vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h04m31s987-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h04m31s987-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 0
Do you have any pics from later in the movie so we can see if the blood created a patina? I’m betting it’s stainless, but it’s important to be sure here. Knowing ‘directors’, they probably didn’t even think to give us closure on this. 🙄🤦

Last edited:
Do you have any pics from later in the movie so we can see if the blood created a patina? I’m betting it’s stainless, but it’s important to be sure here. Knowing ‘directors’, they probably didn’t even think to give us closure on this. 🙄🤦
Goddang it I spit my scotch 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: ian
I'm fairly sure most knife patina in moves is done with CGI now.

What's the movie?

I was in quite a mood last night and was about to make some joke about the director being a lazy American, and then tag @Michi so he could chime in on the topic of Americans, but then I googled “Elizabeth Moss knife” and saw that the movie is The Invisible Man, directed by an Australian, so the joke’s on Michi.

It seems that, when I comment on Americans, I end up on people's ignore list. That's right and proper—I wouldn't want to needlessly hurt their sensibilities… 😈

I haven't seen the 2020 reboot of The Invisible Man. The reviews are largely positive, so I guess I'll have to watch it. If the director did a poor job, it's only because of the bad American influence, I'm sure!

It seems that, when I comment on Americans, I end up on people's ignore list. That's right and proper—I wouldn't want to needlessly hurt their sensibilities… 😈

It is true, some Americans are needlessly sensitive and defensive snowflakes that you just gotta let be. The world is changing fast around them and they are easily offended by mindsets that challenge their worldview. Count your blessings, better to be on their ignore list than their reactionary snarky auto-reply list, trust me.

I haven't seen the 2020 reboot of The Invisible Man. The reviews are largely positive, so I guess I'll have to watch it. If the director did a poor job, it's only because of the bad American influence, I'm sure!
I hear ya on the americans, I'm sick of most of them and mostly keep to myself, got an old house to keep me busy and out of trouble hahaha. Movie is worth a watch, I need to watch the original

found a match! Was going to delete the thread but I'm a newbie and couldn't figure out how to. But then I figured since these are cheap maybe there is a higher end model and these are rip offs, wouldn't be the first time right?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-15 160250.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-15 160250.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
there is a bloody shot but no close-up, the match I found says they are high carbon

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h10m56s514-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-13-14h10m56s514-gigapixel-standard-scale-2_00x.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 0
found a match! Was going to delete the thread but I'm a newbie and couldn't figure out how to. But then I figured since these are cheap maybe there is a higher end model and these are rip offs, wouldn't be the first time right?

Hmm! Those look similar, although yea, not quite the same. The ones in the movie have a bit different profile, are longer and less tall, and have a screw hole or something in the butt of the handle. And I guess the handle color is different.

Sanded off the makers mark for royalty / copyright stuff? Or maybe a prop knife designed around the original?
Probably the kind of product placement a brand wouldn't want to be associated with. Like when that guy bought a sujihiki from District Cutlery and then tried to use it to storm the White House

Sanded off the makers mark for royalty / copyright stuff? Or maybe a prop knife designed around the original?
Yeah sometimes they remove makers marks, never helpful in my searches 😆 I don't see much for signs that they made a prop of this, might have mixed one in but you can usually tell the difference given the right views

Hmm! Those look similar, although yea, not quite the same. The ones in the movie have a bit different profile, are longer and less tall, and have a screw hole or something in the butt of the handle. And I guess the handle color is different.
I thought the handle was a natural wood color of sorts but after playing with the warmth of the images I'm pretty confident it's a black handle in the movie. That line along the handle looks smaller on screen but could just be the camera angle. I've been all over ebay, Amazon & search engines and haven't found anything other than the one I matched it to.

Wait what
Actually there are quite alot of movies/scenes that show makers marks, alot of scenes are so quick not many people even see them unless you take fast stills as I do. Henckels is probably the most popular followed by forschner, both of these are clearly not concerned with association and kill knives are highly collected amongst horror fans and autograph collectors and certainly doesn't hurt their sales! Just got my "older" forschner 12" that was used in psycho 2, matched the model perfectly, exact logo/makers mark match! Great condition as well, giving her a lil buff & polish then sending to Vera Miles to ask her to sign it!

Actually there are quite alot of movies/scenes that show makers marks, alot of scenes are so quick not many people even see them unless you take fast stills as I do. Henckels is probably the most popular followed by forschner, both of these are clearly not concerned with association and kill knives are highly collected amongst horror fans and autograph collectors and certainly doesn't hurt their sales! Just got my "older" forschner 12" that was used in psycho 2, matched the model perfectly, exact logo/makers mark match! Great condition as well, giving her a lil buff & polish then sending to Vera Miles to ask her to sign it!
I was talking about the district cutlery thing, and honestly sujihiki is probably one of the worse murder weapons out there

I can't find any newspaper articles. But a guy bought a sujihiki from District Cutlery and tried to storm the White House. Toward the end of the Trump presidency. I think he was shot but not killed by guards and arrested if I remember right.

should have bought a deba, or someyhing with a thicker spine,

Back