Another reason why . . .

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love a knife whose handle hits the board as you finish your cut.
nN6Q.jpg

With out all those awful holes the edge profile looks decent enough but that handle issue, you'd think that would be noticed in the prototype phases

How do we know that wasn't already an improvement over a prototype where the handle hit the board first?

Have you read any of Jay Fisher's manifestos as to why carbon steel is unsafe? That if it isn't surgical quality, it shouldn't be used for food. There is a lot of "interesting" reading on his site. Good for a laugh.

ya he also is a big believer of having a hollow ground edge.

Since I'd never heard of him, I just read some of Jay Fisher's webpage "manifesto"(exactly the right word, thanks!), wow...........he is completely ate up with it (it being himself)..............it's a wonder that he has time to do anything but write all that stuff. A very promiscuous keyboard, to say the least......."An typical Japanese-style octagon-shaped straight handle with abrupt corners is not comfortable, no matter how much foreign tradition and culture you try to accept." I would think an infomercial would be the next logical step..........

That aberration on the bottom almost made me lose my Herradura. It looks like an 8 year old's version of a 'wicked cool bad a** knife'. Frickin' awful.

And you haven't even seen the price tag yet.

I can see those "overgrinds" causing some holes in the edge after a few years sharpening

Since I'd never heard of him, I just read some of Jay Fisher's webpage "manifesto"(exactly the right word, thanks!), wow...........he is completely ate up with it (it being himself)..............it's a wonder that he has time to do anything but write all that stuff. A very promiscuous keyboard, to say the least......."An typical Japanese-style octagon-shaped straight handle with abrupt corners is not comfortable, no matter how much foreign tradition and culture you try to accept." I would think an infomercial would be the next logical step..........

A man who puts holes all over the blade talks about ergonomics... this guys knuckles must be made of ceramics or something.

I can see those "overgrinds" causing some holes in the edge after a few years sharpening

Maybe it was designed so that as you sharpen it more and more, it will turn into a serrated bread knife?

Back