Anyone ride motorcycles?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZOINKS!!!!!! :doublethumbsup:
Take an MSF course and then buy a bike you can crash/tip over/bonk. Then after you wreck it/scratch it/dent it, which you will, buy something you love. Various brands require various amounts of TLC but it's fun. Buy the one you love :wink:

Ours:
p590920940-4.jpg

I find my self going back and forth between cruisers and standards. I'll try to stay away from pushing you to a brand, but, just like when you buy anything else, take some time to find out what you're really looking for in a bike, then look at what the options are. My example to help make the point - I had a 700lb+ Yamaha Roadstar for years, and it was my commuter. My commute was in a straight line, on the hiway. I'd ride up north on the odd weekend. Now, my commute is mostly city streets, and the weight of that bike (plus my weight) made me think there must be something better. I went to a lighter 450lb "standard" bike - but again, because of my weight, I kept the 'cc's to 1000 - Yamaha FZ1. I actually find the standard more comfortable - my feet are below me, not in front or behind. I find it is much better for commuting and touring, very reliable and it can handle my weight. There's lots of bikes to choose from in the Cruiser and Standard styles - depending on the kind of driving you plan do, you may want to try both out to understand what best suits your need.

BMW may still be the king of boring, dead reliable standard bikes, but there are a lot more options out there now in that category than their were 15 years ago IMO. Those regular, upright seating position bikes with big engines were the bread and butter of the Japanese firms early on, but they got away from them for a while, at least in larger displacement bikes. The advent of the European "naked'' sporty bikes and big dual purpose bikes changed that.

002-42.jpg

I know Ryan mentioned a HD, Here's my lazyboy. It is as comfy as it gets and has some balls too. I can see him on a Road King.

Back