Aprons..what features do you like?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know if they ship?or was this a custom order
Here is one I have made by a local denim company:

2013-03-05+23.00.26.jpg

They also make the cross back style, which I think I am going to have this one converted to. I can't stand having the cheap ones hanging from my neck, let alone this heavy denim one. Leather neck strap snaps off for when you have to wash the thing. I actually love the big pockets, I don't like having things in my pants pockets so the big pockets are nice for thermapens, oyster knives, etc. Even with the cross back straps, I would prefer if they are long enough to tie in the front. If they tie in the front, I don't need a towel loop. If they tie in the back, a towel loop would be nice. The pen pockets next to the CT patch are actually only secured at the top, so when you bent over, the flap pocket does too and your pens don't fall out.

I like that Pig Merchant one. Don't need that many pen pockets though.

regarding the cross-back straps,

I'm not a kitchen pro, but I do wear one of these while working around the garage:

chris_king_apron.jpg

Compared to a neck strap apron, If I wear it snug it tends to ride up. I find myself doing the "Captain Picard tug" a lot.

sw

I love that I immediately know what the "captain picard tug" is even though I've never heard anyone actually reference it!

i cant ever use anything but a white apron. with long tie strings. i like to have the neck adjustable so and taper real fast into the midsection so i dont feel the apron at all when im wearing it.

i like a "machinist apron" like I wear at work. heavy denim, tie in front, 2 pen pockets on top, kangaroo pocket low on front. would add medium sized pocket somewhere that has flap with button.

I absolutely love the Bragard Travail aprons in blue. The linen is tough enough to resist tearing, the color is dark enough to resist stains. The ties on the neck are just long enough to be perfectly comfortable and the waist strap thick enough not to come undone and long enough to tie in the front.

Ive also been told that the color blue in an apron is also traditionally considered the color of the apprentice...something cool about that as a line cook.

the all blue french apron was used for the commis. a lot of kitchens use all blue aprons like that so that they can show that everyone is equal and they are all learning.

Back