• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ashi Honyaki Gyuto 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms4awd

Reaction score
Selling an Ashi Honyaki Gyuto new unused

Im 2nd owner so the custom scales were already on the gyuto when i bought it

240 mm ashi honyaki gyuto with kikuichi monji kanji- walrus ivory scales by mattmaui i believe

Comes with a ebony saya but not friction fit

3800 usd plus ship

IMG_7597.jpeg
IMG_7602.jpeg
IMG_7603.jpeg
IMG_7605.jpeg
IMG_7604.jpeg

hi im in philippines.
No confusing that Hamon. Prettiest in town. Might be worth posting the specs and its usage, sharpening history etc. Where are you located?
im in philippines. its new unused lacquer still on the blade. i still put camelia oil on the blade so thats the hazy stuff on there dust and oil from storage. its been kept in a kiri box since i got it but have gotten another after this that was slightly used and have used that one on and off occasionally so decided to sell the unused one. no sharpening whatsoever also has been done.

approx length 243mm x 51mm height

its a bit more regular gyuto height/dimension than my other ashi honyaki which is the narrower profile heel height of 49mm and slightly shorter at 237mm

I suck at photos but hope this is clearer
IMG_7613.jpeg

haha ive gotten some knives from mark, would be a full circle moment for me to go the other route and sell to him:} i often lust after the rare finds he gets in japan that i see on his ig post
Wish I could buddy, but have had a particularly heavy acquisition summer hehe.

FWIW, great price for a fantastic knife, and Mark is a great guy to work with. GLWS!

Wish I could buddy, but have had a particularly heavy acquisition summer hehe.

FWIW, great price for a fantastic knife, and Mark is a great guy to work with. GLWS!
Thanks for the vouch @Markcg hope your doing well

Back