Bakers and Confectioners Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the best thing is a wide look at baker and confectioner knifes from Sabatier and Foster Bro's .

c6GPNl.png
[/IMG]

FpJg6l.png
[/IMG]

YZJ5fl.png
[/IMG]
Dont know where you find all this stuff,but thanks I enjoy them.In the knife selection I have been pondering the purpose of the Banana knife-any ideas.?

Hi Scotchef32.
Banana knives are double edge knifes used for cutting out the bunches and testing the fruit it's shape is so that it does not damage or pierce the fruit .
and of course there still made today here is a little close up of the edges .
aZuqQl.jpg
[/IMG]

hope that helps

Hi Scotchef32.
Banana knives are double edge knifes used for cutting out the bunches and testing the fruit it's shape is so that it does not damage or pierce the fruit .
and of course there still made today here is a little close up of the edges .
aZuqQl.jpg
[/IMG]

hope that helps
Hi Steeley,i live in banana growing country and I have never seen one of these.I will keep an eye out at the flea markets now and see if I canfind one.Thanks for the education. Cheers.

serrated sabatier chef cake knife. most of the serrations are almost gone now.

serrated sabatier 2.jpg

serrated sabatier 3.jpg

serrated sabatier.jpg

What is the maker mark on that Son.

Sophie says she thinks it reads SA R A au du K G nti, I think judging by the letters it could be SABATIER A au fondu K Garanti. She says it is carbon steel and someone took a sander to it and maybe a buffing wheel and messed it up. I actually haven't handled this one. It isn't chef's. Judging by the fact that it has copper bird's eye rivets and not brass I would say it dates to around the turn of the century maybe 1900-1910 or so. The only other one I saw was chef's and I can't remember if it was a Nogent or this style handle. Hope this helps

Back