• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB BBB stones. All grits.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I should do something logical this holiday season, like take the time to photograph and measure my collection so I can prune it.

But that sounds like the opposite of hoarding knives and it sounds like effort. I also sharpen 1-2 knives every 2-3 months, so OBVIOUSLY that means I need to chase the nuclear dragon for stones.

So instead, I’ll put this up to see what’s out there. Thread title says it all. In my inane journey to find non-dishing stones it seems these are the GOAT. Unfortunately I’m also terrible at online sales.

BBB/triple B stones, 400, 1000, 3000, 5000. Uncracked, otherwise pretty open to conditions. It sounds like they don’t corrode like diamond plates do and it’s close to impossible to wear them out as well.

i have done some work on contacting them to do a group buy but no luck
i have used their contact form. i also managed to find an email address for them which wasn't on their website.

only thing i haven't tried is calling them since i don't speak japanese.

here's the message i sent in january, lol

購入お問い合わせ -- 专业用磨石“高弟”

こんにちは、

御社の砥石(AVN-51 “高弟”)を使用しており、大変感銘を受けております。 どうすれば購入できますか? あなたから直接購入することは可能ですか?

もしそうなら、次のモデルの価格表を教えてください: AVN-51、AVN-55、AVN-59

10ユニットの現在のリードタイムは?

ありがとう、
(my name and info)

Latest posts

Back