BD present, gyuto 210mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vils

Reaction score
Looking for a 210mm gyuto as a birthday present to myself. I have looked at Takeda and Masakage.
Willing to pay up to $450, any suggestions?

There are so many choices...tall/short at heel, stainless/carbon, ornate/plain, thin/thick...

Carbon, thin, high heel, wa handle, home use,..

I don't think the konosuke fuji is that tall and not thinnest.

The question is what is considered high here? More than 50mm, 55mm or more? If a bit more than 50mm is allright, the Kamo Migaki Series at cleancut is worth a look. Assuming you're US based though, shipping + taxes might end up being a significant part of the final price.

That said your requirement of "thin" is somewhat ambiguous. A lot of people will probably think "Laser" when they see that, however the two makers you named initially don't quite line up with that. So could you clarify what exactly you're looking to get? Does it need to be as thin as possible all around or can it be a bit thicker towards the spine and heel?

Thanks for all the input. I finally ended up with a Masakaga Kujira. Now awaiting some hefty import charges from the Swedish customs :(

Nice one, for the next tall blade do check Takeda.

That was the other knife I was considering in the final decision :)

Thanks for all the input. I finally ended up with a Masakaga Kujira. Now awaiting some hefty import charges from the Swedish customs :(

Interesting choice, and nice looking too with the overall shape and almost copper colour

Latest posts

Back