Best sushi in Sydney, Australia

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In melbourne - on the bar - if you're feeling fancy you might try Kappo - 5, 7, or 9 courses - very expensive but incredible place. I also like Nihonshu near the corner of Lonsdale and Russel St in the CBD. Its a japanese style bar and they serve food from Izakaya Chuji next door.

Wow, looks pretty good, Huw. Probably will have to make a trip up north again.

Thank you for the heads up.

A little bump
Just had the Omakase at Hana Ju Rin
They have a new sushi chef since April, Mr Matsuya

First up
Grilled octopus with truffle salt
Seasonal sashimi
John Dory
Bass Grouper
540C7B5A-EFAB-4761-B84B-100AFEDBCD1E_zpsizwbwqc2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Flathead
Konbu cured latchet
Konbu cured sand whiting
Emperador
CFCF282D-3AB0-4B56-8ABD-1C91963D53FB_zpskerlzahr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
King Prawn
Tuna
Purple sea urchin
Scampi
426AD0EA-DDD3-493A-A250-4FD4F37CF25C_zpszhpafaqs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Cuttlefish
Scallop
Swordfish belly
Sea eel
2648F014-9895-4657-A804-B09F56F8AEFA_zpsy079ctwz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Salmon belly
Scampi Miso
Omelette
D50A9191-EF86-45F9-B73F-24FB944D09F0_zpsdmylzpnn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Delicious meal, I highly reccomend it for you Sydneysiders

In melbourne - on the bar - if you're feeling fancy you might try Kappo - 5, 7, or 9 courses - very expensive but incredible place. I also like Nihonshu near the corner of Lonsdale and Russel St in the CBD. Its a japanese style bar and they serve food from Izakaya Chuji next door.

+1 on Kappo; it is great Omakase place that serves food that would stand up in Japan.

My absolute favourite in Minamishima in Richmond. Having had Mr Minamishima san sushi at Kenzan which was great this is on another level again now he has the freedom to do what he feels best with sourcing ingredients. It is expensive but on balance it is cheaper than a flight to Tokyo and an equivalent meal.

Back