Big News: Starting Now - Stefan Keller Wood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next batch of Stefan Keller woods are in the store and up for grabs. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks Myron. Just a few words: The ironwood is pricy but it's what paid for it and worth the price. I just don't have a knife to use it for or I would keep it. About the American Chestnut. My understanding is that most trees were killed through an infestation in the last century, and that this is not readily available in larger quantities, at least I have not seen it anywhere. The pieces I have are actually boards that were reclaimed from an old barn floor. They may have a few worm or nail holes but not many. When finished, they look a bit like the wood on the old Forgecraft knives. So, if you want to rehandle one of those and maintain the overall looks, that would be a good choice. I know there is a lot of wood available these days, just trying to add a few pieces here and there to reduce my stash and complement other offers. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

Stefan

Back