Knives & Stones Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say Aussies are so slow on the sale! There will not be a xmas sale my Aussie friends. It is holiday time :D

FML... knife buying hiatus broken, I got the Hinoura migaki. My willpower failed... :surrendar:

I'm even considering going for the 240 KU Hinoura too and keeping the one I like better... :IMOK:

Any more 210 KU stainless clad laying around? [emoji3] I was late to the party on these, they look great.

Only one each due to only one sample each model and is here in Sydney for a photo shoot :)

choil for mizuno 270
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1480315429.201247.jpg

Thanks James.

It does seem fairly asymmetrical and a little convexed to me.

I'm not sure my sharpening skills would do it justice yet.

Thanks James.

It does seem fairly asymmetrical...

You are incorrect.

I just exchanged e-mails with James, and he told me no asymmetry at all (again, the dangers of assumptions made from choil pics).

Lucky for me I got the real scoop from James, so I could order despite being a lefty!!!

Cheers,
Blair

Yes, indeed, I've also just emailed James who confirmed that it's close enough to 50/50.

Thanks again for your post Blair.

Order placed.

Yes, indeed, I've also just emailed James who confirmed that it's close enough to 50/50.

Thanks again for your post Blair.

Order placed.

No problem - glad James was quick to respond to both of us!

Cheers,
Blair

more knives are on guys. Someone scored a shiraki honyaki already!

Some nice ones° :O
Was too late for the Kurosaki migaki with saya... Maybe i'll get the regular one instead.

Will there be more later today James?

No more new stock this time around. Thanks for the support guys!

Wow.

The Mizuno Honyaki looks great. As does the special edition Syousin Sakura.

(Chants to self- "must not buy more knives...Must not buy more knives...")

I did end up jumping for the Miz Hontanren 270 after doing a bit of reading about how people have approached sharpening it. I'm kinda interested to try.

And I think it looks fantastic with the K&S handle.

I did end up jumping for the Miz Hontanren 270 after doing a bit of reading about how people have approached sharpening it. I'm kinda interested to try.

And I think it looks fantastic with the K&S handle.

Sweet... I almost bought that one because it was lasting so long without being picked up. Great price especially with the upgraded handle. :doublethumbsup:

Sweet... I almost bought that one because it was lasting so long without being picked up. Great price especially with the upgraded handle. :doublethumbsup:

I don't think its the only one. Still seems to be up on the site. Its not too late.😉

Agreed, it was a fantastic price with that handle.

Last night before I pull everything off guys :)

Back