• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BLACK FRIDAY FLASH SALE!!! KUROSAKI, SHUN, TANAKA, RICHMOND BY CARTER

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

420layersofdank

Reaction score
Need to make room and create funds for stage/travel expenses while in SF. MOST of these knives were used if and maybe a handful of times and cared for as if they were my children. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email. All prices are firm but I'm very willing to work with you. All prices include priority 2 day shipping , PP fees, tracking #, and insurance.
This BST SALE will be up until the weekend is over and will withdraw any remaining knives. Thanks KKF

240 Kurosaki AS Gyuto (Syousin Chiku from K&S)
Used maybe about 5 times. Never sharpened but stropped on jnat suita and diamond loaded felt. This knife is cladded with stainless and has great F&F. ( the spine is eased and polished but IMHO can use a little more but I'm biased since i am comparing with konosuke fujiyama bl2 which has flawless polished choil and spine). If you are familiar with kurosaki, you are no stranger to his remarkable grinds and food release. Not really pressed about letting this one go but gotta make room =(
50-51mm tall, 241mm length . Balanced right on pinch grip. Very very nice balance and feel. Comes with Nice figured rosewood and ebony wa handle.
Asking $195 shipped conus
IMAG1261_zpsfzrprl77.jpg

IMAG1260_zpsvrdzygqq.jpg

6 inch Shun Fuji gyuto with knife stand
Received this as a gift a week ago and is brand spanking new and NEVER USED. Very impressed with the grind and how thin it is. Borderline laser with a hefty spine. I used to have a 240 shun fuji slicer that i absolutely regret selling so I was pretty psyched about this gift but realized that it is redundant in my kit. W&S sells it for $350 which sounds expensive at first until you realize it is around 50mm + tall and is sg2 damascus which isn't cheap to produce. Worst case scenario i would trade it in for something at W&S without losing the $60 discount.
Asking $290 shipped conus
specs are here http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/shun-fuji-6-inch-chefs-knife-with-stand/

240 Tanaka Ginsan Gyuto (from James @ K&S )
Comes with semi custom bubinga handle with red spacer and brass bolster. Amazing knife and I wouldn't sell this if it wasn't for a mini deba that i have been looking at lately. The grind on this one is a straight workhorse. Food release is damn impressive and overall sleeper. Has some weight compared to my lasers but oddly very comfortable in hand due to great balance.I already have the tanaka damascus in bl2. with the same handle and at the end of the day i love my carbons. Sharpened once on gesshin 4k and jnat. never sharpened a ginsanko steel knife and boy was it awesome. Super easy to sharpen and very nice feedback.
Asking $140 shipped conus. Will post pics tomorrow when I'm back home from thanksgiving with the family.

240 Richmond Laser AS gyuto ( reground and reprofiled by Murray Carter)
This is cladded with stainless and comes with a shig D handle that i had revamped to an oval with a flat side along the spine of the knife. Inspired by Ian Haburns wa handles which are stupid comfortable and beautiful. I had bought this from another forum member without a handle as soon as he had received it back from Carter. The grind is the thinnest laser i own yet food release is literally flawless which sounds crazy but its TRUE!!! potatoes and carrots? no problem. I really don't want to let this go but I literally never use it. After I started at Momofuku CCDC i barely touch a knife so i am downsizing big time.
Never sharpened other than stropped on dry 6k stone and diamond loaded strop. After everything, i invested about $300 into this knife.
Asking $200 shipped conus
Will post pics tomorrow when I get back home from thanksgiving with the family.

Hey guys. All but the shun are Spf. I will send out pms to those of you who are interested if potential buyer falls through . Give Me until midnight eastern time. Thanks kkf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back