Blade hungry! What will your next knife be ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slash

Reaction score
So... I've been searching through sites looking for my next knife.Many months will pass before before i get my hands on my new Konosuke...10 to be exact.
Meanwhile a bladesmith, right here on this forum a has caught my eye..Haburn..and i must say i really do like the look of his work.
So i went ahead and ordered a custom piece from him.Which i am looking forward to. This will be my new knife.
What will your next knife be?

last knives were stainless, so I guess the time has come for some carbon. Accidentally - I am working on my Haburn gyuto review and it could be up in a week or two :)

last knives were stainless, so I guess the time has come for some carbon. Accidentally - I am working on my Haburn gyuto review and it could be up in a week or two :)

Yea..I will be looking forward to reading that review.

I'm inline for a 210 DT ITL and a Gengetsu if I beat Dave B. to the punch and if Jon B. ever gets them back in stock. I had Ian rehandle two of my knives. I'm very happy with the results, his attention to detail is amazing.

Depends...most likely a SS 210 Ashi Hamono Petty. Unless I go out and buy a cheap cleaver, to get a feeling if those are a thing for me or not...

I'm inline for a 210 DT ITL and a Gengetsu if I beat Dave B. to the punch and if Jon B. ever gets them back in stock. I had Ian rehandle two of my knives. I'm very happy with the results, his attention to detail is amazing.

Good luck on the Gengetsu . And Nice to know that your happy with Ian's work.

I've been waiting for gengetsu to get back in stock but then I thought, hey I'll just grab a Catcheside mono steel instead. Could well be the greatest decision I ever made!!

I'm pretty excited. I emailed with Del Ealy a couple of days ago and he's going to be making my first custom knife - an AEB-L line knife. I've got a few Carters and a DT ITK but this is the first knife where I've had contact and discussion with the maker. It adds a certain enjoyment and, while I'd really like to have the knife now, the wait lets me enjoy the anticipation for a while longer.

I've been waiting for gengetsu to get back in stock but then I thought, hey I'll just grab a Catcheside mono steel instead. Could well be the greatest decision I ever made!!

Good for you..could well be..thats another one on my hit list,well done.

I'm pretty excited. I emailed with Del Ealy a couple of days ago and he's going to be making my first custom knife - an AEB-L line knife. I've got a few Carters and a DT ITK but this is the first knife where I've had contact and discussion with the maker. It adds a certain enjoyment and, while I'd really like to have the knife now, the wait lets me enjoy the anticipation for a while longer.

That's the spirit! It's like i'm getting excited for you.

My primary work knives right now are a petty and a 12" scimitar. Waiting for Tosho to get the Kono fuji 150 petty's back in stock. Then I need to save up a big chunk of cash so I can start talking to Mr. Burke about a custom scimitar...

I have a semi stainless Heiji 210 gyuto with a shorter heel, and a little pointier tip on order. I think I'll like it a lot.

Once I get around to selling a bunch I'm getting one of those awesome new gesshin paring knives jon has and a Kochi of some sort

I have a Gesshin Ginga Extra Thick on order. Also, Ill have to do my best to box people out when Gengetsu comes back in stock.

I asked for a 3mm spine over the heel, somewhere around 170-180g, true 240mm edge.

I was envisioning a Middle weight Ginga, with a touch more distal taper due to the thicker stock.

I'm going to be surprised, if all goes well. My stepson has offered to send me a knife or two from Tokyo; he has been living there for about 20 years. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I've got my mind set on a couple of cleavers, one Ginga and one custom.
A custom cleaver sounds good,no doubt i will be looking for one a few blade's down the road.

So would i how long is his waiting list?

I am not sure if there is a list.
Some of the guys here have gotten their Burkes at Epicurean Edge.
They get a knife or two of Bill's every so often, but they sell quickly.

There was a list and last time I spoke to him it was at 18 or so months. As for EE there is one on now I be leave that is pretty nice.

I would really like to get a pair of Bill Burke custom gyuto/petty down the road. That would be really awesome!! :biggrin:

At this moment, I have two Masamoto single bevel knives with custom options being delivered to me by early next week. I am really looking forward to it after a 4 months wait. :headbang:

I would really like to get a pair of Bill Burke custom gyuto/petty down the road. That would be really awesome!! :biggrin:

At this moment, I have two Masamoto single bevel knives with custom options being delivered to me by early next week. I am really looking forward to it after a 4 months wait. :headbang:
Yes it would..... and you must be thrilled to be getting your Masamoto knives after the semi long wait.

Back