Blade reconditioning / polishing - Europe

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomardBreton

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am fairly new and lacking of network and knowledge - apart from the situation, that I have already asked some members and read posts, which has given me useful insights, it cannot be wrong to benefit from your experience and broaden the possibilities and choices for the 'project' - I am looking for a place in Europe, ideally EU, where I can get my long wished and now received yanagiba honyaki blade reconditioned / polished on a high quality standard using the traditional methods.

Hoping on your input and sending many thanks in advance for your efforts.

Dear all,

I am fairly new and lacking of network and knowledge - apart from the situation, that I have already asked some members and read posts, which has given me useful insights, it cannot be wrong to benefit from your experience and broaden the possibilities and choices for the 'project' - I am looking for a place in Europe, ideally EU, where I can get my long wished and now received yanagiba honyaki blade reconditioned / polished on a high quality standard using the traditional methods.

Hoping on your input and sending many thanks in advance for your efforts.
Hi! To my knowledge there are two strong options. Sheffield Knife Sharpening in the UK IG: sheffield_knive_sharpening or Shinogi Sliperi in Sweden IG: shinogi_sliperi. I'm sure there are more local options, but both these will do an excellent job with your yanagiba honyaki.

Thank you so far - the base is extending and the choice is getting more options. Does anybody has experience with Karasu in Amsterdam or Damian in Croatia in particular ? These were also recommend by some members either ...

Damian is a togishi (sword polisher) rather than a knife worker. He will take on honyaki projects though and does great work. He’d be my choice for a traditional polish without question. Very fair pricing too if you understand how much work goes into his craft

Back