Blank blades WIP Thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another winner....

1712067275636.png

Couldn't Resist! I just have to say wow this looks amazing -

View attachment 312364
Gotta buy more of that vintage micarta. I really love the colors in that one. And the more reddish block is good too. I posted in the completed thread.

For anyone with a custom hidden tang, i didnt realize i only had 3 kitchen knife sized boxes left. I'm going to be mailing out the ones i left as soon as the new boxes get here.

Got some new stuff to try.

Various polishing compounds for my buffer. I think the blue one will be good for micarta.

And I always see people talking about pink scratches. So I bought a giant block of some from pferd. Also a random moss green kinda one that is supposed to be for stainless. It might be the same as this big giant similar colored bar of blending compound I got a while back.
20240405_182003.jpg

Also got 2 airway buffing wheels... of I finally picked up a dedicated bench buffer. So I can stop using my bench grinder finally.
20240405_181853.jpg

One of them is scotch Brite. Excited to try it out.

Hey just wanted to put this out there. In case anyone wants something. I have a decent sized piece of asp-2053 left over because I had to redo a blade. And used a bit less than half for that.

I'm going to make a 270ish sunihiki with the other bit.

Unless someone else wants something else on asp-2053. I will give people until around 4:30 or so central time. If you want something besides this suji in asp-2053 let me know.

I figured I should post this and see before i do it.

Being serious. I think this one might be pretty cool.

Im using crosscut vintage micarta. So it's like the layers are stacked. I'm hoping it almost had a look like a birch bark handle mixed with micarta.

I think it'll be interesting. I got a second piece also. But there is another kind of the crosscut vintage stuff I want to get. Hopefully it's still in stock by the time I can afford to buy more.

Letting everyone know I am getting everyone that wanted one of the m2 or a2 gyuto to reach out to me. I need to get deposits, I am getting ready to get started on those. I posted a thread in BST to try to get anyone to see it that had reached out about it a while back.

“Handle is giraffe bone, and leopard wood.”

Pretty cool…this might be a weird question - real bone from giraffe that had a natural death?
I have no idea tbh. I mean it is real giraffe. But idk how it died or was obtained.

That was quick! Looking forward to future updates.
Btw the best repellent I tried/found when in Thailand was a green bottle called 'grass jelly' and Soffel, both are great.

Dust management has been a pain in the butt for me when doing wood crafts, both manually and with the grinder. For metal I'd guess it's more challenging as the particles are heavier and prone to be affected by static electric and magnetic fields?

Oh yeah, working with the angle grinder is a mess....dust is everywhere and everything smells like sh**....

So around 6pm yesterday. Actually right as I was cleaning up all the dust. A bad storm hit. I was busy working so I didnt even notice it was happening. Next thing I know its suddenly dark outside.

Wind going crazy. So i figured I should check online. And yeah there was a tornado warning.

As soon as I saw that i rushed as fast as I could to put everything I could away. I was outside still doing that when the worst of it hit here. Took down a bunch of branches in my neighbors yard all at once.

Thankfully everything is fine here. Didn't get hurt. Blew down part of my fence. But besides that no serious damage.

But almost a million people lost power. So it might take a while to get things back on. So definitely no work the next few days will get done.

The thing that kinda sucks is i literally talked myself out of buying another powerbank for charging stuff like a few days ago.

Regretting that now. I was thinking, nah. I have 2. They dont last long. But they are fine probably. Definitely wish i had just bought it now.

Latest posts

Back