• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD BNIB Takada no Hamono Suiboku Damascus Blue #1 Gyuto 210mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased this knife in person from Tsubaya in December when I was in Tokyo. This has the Tsubaya kanji (see picture below).

The kanji was hand carved onto the blade. The person did it at the store definitely had some serious skills and I thought it was pretty cool.

Other than the kanji, as far as I can tell, this is made to the same specs as the knives supplied to the western retailers.

Takada san had an in person event at Tsubaya a few weeks before I was there. I was told this was one of the knives he brought with him to the event.

They had three and this one was "cherry picked" by me after closely inspecting all three of them.

The knife is brand new with the original lacquer. It is forged by Tanaka. I will add a Takada sticker and a finger nail clipper from Tsuyaba as freebie.

Based on my ruler and scale - 197mm x 47.5mm, 147.5g

It cost me about $925 after Japanese sales tax not including my transportation cost to the store and the half day I spent to make the trip.

Going to list this at $940 to recoup most of my cost. The price includes G&S fee and shipping for CONUS. I can't figure out how PayPal fee works for international transactions. I got charged around 4.5% on a knife I sold to the UK recently. For outside of CONUS, I need to net $900 after PayPal fee and shipping cost.

Below is my trade list and we can discuss trade value depending on what you have:

1. Bidinger gyuto profile 235mm+
2. Kipp WP 235mm+
3. Any Rader
4. Any Devin Thomas

IMG_9378.png
IMG_9379.png
IMG_9380.png

Last edited:
These are amazing,
What is going on? All the Takadas getting flushed out! @yash_narang started this! Looks sweet and buyer will be thrilled

Trust me I wouldn't have sold mine. But you gotta do what you can when your chasing a million dollar house to purchase. Every dollar counts

GLWS

Last edited:
Back