• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Bokashi refinished Migoto 270 B#1 (Y. Tanaka)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

I am the pig Daveb's mama was talking about
Reaction score
Price:
£400 + shipping

Specs:
- 253 x 51 mm
- 267g

Condition & Notes:
- Used but well loved - I have only touched the edge up on a 4k twice, but am not the first owner. The heel height suggests it has been sharpened very little if at all prior to my ownership.

- I have refinished the knife in an easy bokashi style to ‘reset’ it for the new owner using a sandpaper progression followed by micromesh and 1k sic powder.

- As part of this process, I worked out most of the deeper scratches from the stock finish, and levelled out the kanji a little so that the knife can easily be refinished in the future without creating a hologram effect in that area due to raised bits of metal.

- Please note the little ding on the right hand side of the knife by the heel - it’s not a crack or anything more concerning than a minor cosmetic issue, but worth flagging of course.

- This line is now out of production, so it’s a bit of a rarity.

Lovely work with the refinish!
Thanks! It was nice to practice more of a ‘working’ finish compared to the usual hadori stuff that takes days and days of work.

I’m happy to polish the core up to semi-mirror with stones before shipping if the buyer wishes.

Latest posts

Back