Boston food recommendations

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be heading into Boston on a regular basis in the next year or so for work. i saw some recommendations from last year that seem interesting. Mine don't have to be "fancy" (but can be). our office is downtown north of Chinatown along Atlantic. Hotel is usually nearby as well.
just looking for some evening good eats within walking distance. you have some recent favorites?
thanks much!
-Andre

Head into Chinatown and walk into any restaurant that you see leads to the basement, ask for spring chicken or Peking suck. They won't speak a lick of English.

I was in Boston a couple of years ago. At the harbour there's great fresh seafood. I love it raw... Man, my mouth is watering now I think of it.

I can point you at some fine dining in Cambridge -
Kendall Kitchen is fairly solid.
Salt is supposed to be the best restaurant in town now.
My favorite is still Craigie on Main st. (burger at the bar is killer, google for more info)

For beer I default to Cambridge brewing co, (food is very good there) or Meadhall (food has been hit or miss, mostly hit but 100 taps makes up for it).

There is almost no bad indian food.
Pizza - Pizzeria Regina is solid, even the one in the train station is good. There is now a Frank Pepe's in the area, (NewHaven CT originally) I've not tried it but I'd suggest it (esp the clam pizza or pepperoni).
Pizza - There is a place called Picos, their pizza is stellar as is their ice cream. Their pepperoni or Alsatian pizzas are the ones to try as is their chocolate ice cream (I dont even like ice cream, but this is the stuff of dreams).
Chinese - dimsum at Chau Chow city has been my favorite for years.
Chinese - New Shanghai was run by a good friend of mine, not sure if he's still there.
Sushi - Suishaya has been my standby as it's cheaper than Ginza, which is allegedly the best.
Indian - there has not been any bad indian in boston. It seems impossible to get bad indian.
Middle eastern - Oleana or Acetuna cafe (one is fine dining - Oleana, the other is solid fast food - Acetuna and a good friend of mine)
I've not had any good barbecue, redbones sucks. Seriously it does.
If there's a type of food you like, name it and Ill do my best to help.

PM me, I'll give you my contact info, if we are in town at the same time we'll break some bread.
Most yelp reviews in Boston are accurate as the population is mostly food aware and literate.
You can thank Dave Brewer for prodding me into posting.

Townsman
Hojoko
Shojo
Myer's & Chang

:thumbsup:
Shojo was just what i needed for a late late dinner after a long day.
i enjoyed it a lot.

thanks KC!

sh-1_zpsukvkvzdo.jpg

sh-2_zpsupo4xb7i.jpg

Yvonnes
Select oyster bar
Island Creek Oyster Bar
Bergamot
Mistral
Sorelina
Deux Ave
Banyan Bar & Refuge