Bread knife?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Wikipedia:
Epicureanism is a system of philosophy based upon the teachings of Epicurus, founded around 307 BC. Epicurus was an atomic materialist, following in the steps of Democritus. His materialism led him to a general attack on superstition and divine intervention. Following Aristippus—about whom very little is known—Epicurus believed that what he called "pleasure" is the greatest good, but the way to attain such pleasure is to live modestly and to gain knowledge of the workings of the world and the limits of one's desires.

I feel great pleasure using my rehandled Tojiro ITK on crusty loaves.

No doubt I knew that was an ITK. It's impressive and I, like him, also use my bread knife to portion ribs. Again, it just works so much better when dealing with delicate crusty exteriors.

Now, I have to get some ribs tomorrow. Nice to meet you.

I don't know, I bake sourdough that is darker and crustier than that one pictured, my Gude does a great job, my mac does not, same with a tojiro, or my wusthof offset. A gyuto..... no freakin way, and I have never babied a gyuto in my life, but my sourdough would crush an edge. For reference my mac is old though, not the sharpest, but has absolutely no issues with french sticks at work and clean slicing as you would with a scalloped bread knife, but it isn't ideal for crusty loaves. I vote for the mac or tojiro if you aren't baking insanely crusty loaves, but if you are, I would look at a traditional tooth'd bread knife like the Gude or a forschner.

You held one at my house Dave.... I think you did...or were you being knife snobby that day?

This knife should re arriving tomorrow- Dexter Russell S47G10-PCP Traditional 10" Scalloped Bread Knife

I was told to buy a Misono bread knife, is that something that you can recommend???

Back