Bread Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was referring to pushing as in pushing the knife into the cut, as opposed to a pulling cut. If the blade is flexible it doesn't matter much for a bread knife because you would be pulling the knife through the bread instead of pushing the blade into the bread. No offense was taken, just a semantic misinterpretation!

LOL I read it your way Spike. Too much knife on the brain, I guess! :knife:

I was referring to pushing as in pushing the knife into the cut, as opposed to a pulling cut.

this is why i love you, Spike: you are straight forward. i read it the same way Deckhand did, which probably means i've been in academia too long (only 8 years, too!).

I was referring to pushing as in pushing the knife into the cut, as opposed to a pulling cut. If the blade is flexible it doesn't matter much for a bread knife because you would be pulling the knife through the bread instead of pushing the blade into the bread. No offense was taken, just a semantic misinterpretation!
Lol good to hear I always liked you and didn't want a resentment. I actually think I saw back and forth. I will pay more attention and check next time. I use it on bread, pineapple, mangos, etc. I don't really feel it is flexible as others have described. I have a small collection of knives and now that I have my boardsmith I will do a post soon. In regards to originally being hooked on this knife I saw the videos of Theory with this knife. You tube PCC kitchen. It got me pumped. The knife has not disappointed. Thanks for your clarification.

For home use, the Tojiro can be prettied up a bit (this one is thanks to Matt):

View attachment 6081
IMG_3686.JPG

I gotta rehandle mine next. I have the scales, just need the time.

I think it would look pretty cool, if not traditional, with a nice traditional Japanese handle. I don't imagine it would affect the performance much. How much extra would a re-handler charge to grind the tang to shape for a wa handle?

Awesome, thanks for the link! I hadn't searched back that far...

Latest posts

Back