Buying advice: 240mm wa-gyuto for a push-cutter

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I kind of came to the same conclusions myself. I'm hesitating between a Konosuke HD with the new, pointier profile, and the Sakai Yusuke white steel.
Which one has a longer flat spot? How do people like the Yusuke's tip?

The older style Kono & the Yusuke have similar profiles,I have both in white steel,thin sisters.My guess would be that the new profile Kono HD have the longer flat spot.

I have the yusuke 240mm white. Been using it in a pro kitchen for 2 years now. it gets super sharp and stays sharp.

I love how thin it is when cutting vegetables, but sometimes i wish it was more thicker, like when cutting Butternut squash.

It is covered with deep natural patina so it can stays wet for sometimes with no problem.

The tip is very pointy i guess, but looking at the Kono they almost look the same to me.

I read that the F&F of the yusuke are better than Kono from some people.

I have the yusuke 240mm white. Been using it in a pro kitchen for 2 years now. it gets super sharp and stays sharp.

I love how thin it is when cutting vegetables, but sometimes i wish it was more thicker, like when cutting Butternut squash.

It is covered with deep natural patina so it can stays wet for sometimes with no problem.

The tip is very pointy i guess, but looking at the Kono they almost look the same to me.

I read that the F&F of the yusuke are better than Kono from some people.

I agree thin carbons are excellent for most cutting in a pro kitchen,including peeling lots of pineapples.I would draw the line on Kabocha pumpkins & Butternut.Those thin edges do not like hard objects,use a cleaver.

The Sakai is a fine tool at a fair price

Back