Car for 7

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some very good points and stats except for the last one, electric cars are heavier not lighter then their gasoline counterparts look up the tesla roadster compared to the lotus Elise. Tesla 1,235 kg... Elise 860 kg both cars are built on the same frame as tesla actually sources from lotus.

Some very good points and stats except for the last one, electric cars are heavier not lighter then their gasoline counterparts look up the tesla roadster compared to the lotus Elise. Tesla 1,235 kg... Elise 860 kg both cars are built on the same frame as tesla actually sources from lotus.

Comparing to a Lotus isn't fair though, is it? I just meant that electric cars are usually smaller cars, you're right that they're a little heavier than their equivalent gas cars.

It's the only fair comparison as the tesla is really just an electric lotus elise for 3 times the price and I wouldn't call half again the weight "a little more". But I can see your point the leaf is certainly smaller then a suburban but those aren't fair comparisons are they? Yes electric cars tend to be smaller then gasoline powered ones but that has more to do with the flaws in electric cars not the waste of gasoline powered ones. Certainly electric motors are extremely efficient for their weight I believe the tesla's motor is actually only 30 kgs or so the batteries are the killer. The tesla actually uses banks of laptop batteries I believe, if there is a future for electric cars the batteries are where the work needs to be done, which is why hydrogen is the future it does away with the batteries yet still uses the same type of electric motor.

Back