• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter High Grade 4.45 sun Funayuki - worldwide shipping

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark76

Reaction score
Carter High Grade 4.45 sun (14 mm) Funayuki. Made by Carter himself and not one of his apprentices. Completely unused (except on a few tomatoes).

Great high-end knife that looks good and cuts like a dream. Also has a very good fit and finish.

umZrSjZ.jpg

6RpM4qP.jpg

8I3dWiH.jpg

Specifications:

ilpJ9cg.jpg

See for an extensive review and even more specs: https://japaneseknifereviews.wordpress.com/2015/09/25/carter-high-grade-funayuki-versus-tadafusa-santoku/

Price: US$410 or EUR 345. This includes shipping within the EU. I ship worldwide, but PM me for shipping costs to the USA or other countries. Preferred payment by Paypal.

A 140mm will be sell beter than a 14mm one. :)

Actually, it's 135 mm or so... But it depends a bit on how you measure.

I already wrote it comes in new condition. That also means it comes with the original box.

I'm surprised this high-end knife hasn't sold yet. Quite often I see requests for it. But alas.

Price cut. It now costs $375 (EUR 318). Originally I paid $445 and the knife is in exactly the same condition as when I bought it.

In addition, I'll pay a large part of the shipping costs:
- EU: free normal shipping, shipping with track-and-trace: EUR 7.
I already paid half of the shipping costs with this. If you want insurance or recorded delivery, send me a PM.
- Rest of the world: normal shipping: $11 (EUR 10), shipping with track and trace: $18 (EUR 15).
Again, half of the original shipping costs for are for me (inluded above already). PM me for insurance or recorded delivery.

Bump. Don't let this great Murray Carter knife go before Christmas.

New price cut. It now costs $350 (or EUR 274). That's a price saving of almost $100 on a knife in exactly the same state as when you would buy it directly from Murray Carter!

I will also pay a large portion of the shipping costs. See above.

Have this in a 165 (Don't know how many Suns), bought new from Carter. What a fun little knife.

GLSW.

Last price cut: $300 or EUR 253.

That's a completely new knife from $410 to $300!!

Carter moved from blue (AS) to white several years ago. The blue would have an "S" on the blade. This knife does not.

Tis a beauty.

Last edited:
Yeah, you missed it. This knife does not have an S on the knife, so it could be Blue steel instead of Shirogami. (Though that's not the info I got.) And if Carter switched to Aogami, it could be that, too. Whatever it is, it is high-end carbon steel.

Latest posts

Back