Carter Paring?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like that carter paring but 244 + 20% tax + £8 admin fees + postage is pretty steep, when I can get this one ground down and rehandled for much less.

I'm sure another carter petty will show up :)

I am a "wa man", but I will tell you, wa parers are no bueno for comfortable in-hand work.

My top choice is the ZKramer in either 52100 or SG2. Very comfortable and the blade is perfectly shaped for in-hand work. Plus the handle is a touch more bulbous than the Hattori, which would be my second choice....nice factory handles with mosaic pins, too.

What about a Del Ealy? He has a bunch of very inexpensive parers floating around....anyone have insight on the in-hand comfort and usability of these?

I am a "wa man", but I will tell you, wa parers are no bueno for comfortable in-hand work.

My top choice is the ZKramer in either 52100 or SG2. Very comfortable and the blade is perfectly shaped for in-hand work. Plus the handle is a touch more bulbous than the Hattori, which would be my second choice....nice factory handles with mosaic pins, too.

I wasn't as high on mine as Chris when I got it, but the more I use it the more I like it and the 52100 gets and maintains an edge well.

I bought the hattori and sent it back to jck, handle is just too small for me and the blade felt a little short, nice F+F though.

Back