• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Catcheside 230mm Guyto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vangelis

Reaction score
I am selling my Catcheside which I bought in October as an impolsive buy.The knife is a san-mai stainless with O1 core. It has seen some action but not much and I have never sharpen it. It is a great cutter, however the profile isn't for me so I can't get it into my rotation.

I am asking 460£ (767,65$ with today's exchange rate), and it includes shipping worldwide and PP fees. New it was 480£. I am intersted only on selling it, not trading it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vangelis_k/12742982324/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vangelis_k/12742530375/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vangelis_k/12742531915/in/photostream/

Holy cow! Somebody is going to be Extremely happy with this score! I very much miss my Catchside 240, such a great cutter. If this were a touch longer I'd be all over this!

I think someone has to buy this. I love my Catcheside.

I think someone has to buy this. I love my Catcheside.

This profile looks very much similar to yours, would you agree? Amazing performer and I'm sure this one here is that much better, it being a higher end Catchside. Would love to hear what Will himself has to say about this one here being sold and his Utility Line 240 gyuto.

Marc, it does resemble my profile, which in my opinion is a good thing. I like the higher heel, paired with a low aggressive tip. Will somehow allows for there to be a bit of belly (unlike lots of the other low tip gyutos), by not making an exaggerated flat spot. You get a nice working rythm with a profile like this, yet it allows for push cuts quite nicely. Somebody should really buy this....

Marc, it does resemble my profile, which in my opinion is a good thing. I like the higher heel, paired with a low aggressive tip. Will somehow allows for there to be a bit of belly (unlike lots of the other low tip gyutos), by not making an exaggerated flat spot. You get a nice working rythm with a profile like this, yet it allows for push cuts quite nicely. Somebody should really buy this....

I think a lot of people would, like me! But I'd have to sell two knives to pay for it. Unless you're gonna float me some cash Tom! :lol:

Will's craftsmanship is excellent no doubts here. However after reading all the praises of this knife, I am wondering if I have misjudged its profile. I will give it one more try (must think of a menu with plenty of chopping for tonight). Still up for sale though.
V

I tested a catchside gyuto once, and it had a sense of power and craftmanship i have yet to see in another knife. Maybe one day i could afford one :)

So many great smiths . . . so little money :knife:

A reminder for this great cutter :)

Also a two paypal payments will be accepted and I will sent the knife to Maxim for a touch up. He is much better sharpener than me :)

I would like to give this Guyto a new home :) so here is a new price: 435£ (721$ with todays exchange rates). Still same deal. PP fees on me and worldwide shipping.

Best Vangelis

Possibilities for hand delivery to some locations in April (Tokyo and Orlando) and May (Denmark at maxim gathering and possible Oslo)

I already have one on order from that maker.
Otherwise I would have given that one a go:)

Any chance for trades to help? Kono HD Kiritsuke 270. Fowler 240 in W2, DT ITK in 52100, Carter Free Style Funayuki KU , tadatsune 300k Inox Suji - several others, but have to be PM discussion.

recently bought from vangelis and he was an utter gent to deal with. So have a free bump.

Post Easter price reduction:

650$ (Including shipping and paypal fees)

Give it a new home :)

I can't believe this is still available! I'm tempted to sell my car to buy it lol

Bumb...
and a reminder that in the price, the paypal fees and the shipping (with tracking) are included.

PM sent. This became too much of a temptation. Besides, i'm also on the list for a DT 225 ITK and really want to compare the two.

Knife arrived safe and sound. Very nice, and very very sharp.... Can't wait to use it.

Thanks, Vangelis

Back