Catcheside Cutlery - Knives available.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark:doublethumbsup:
Chinacats, The pass around knife is a similar grind but the knives are quite different. I would say this is a more traditional Nakiri shape, this is a bigger knife, grinding this one to the spine gave me better control over the geometry. I deliberately made the bevel smaller on this one to accentuate the release. So a few tweaks and improvements. :D

I could probably put that better....
The pass around knife is the original if you like, the first knife I ground the hollow faces. As such its a little quirky in its shape and it has the Ko finish. Its a personal knife, I think you guys will love it and it tells you what you need to know in use about this geometry. This package is the refined version, largely cosmetic, but it is a bigger overall knife and with a couple of performance tweaks. But the way they cut is very similar. I have a video of this one uploading, It in HD too but it will likely take all night!
Here are the blade specs.
Specifications
Blade length - 214 mm
Handle Length - 142mm
Height over heel - 64mm, halfway 58mm, At tip 47mm
Taper on spine - 3mm - 2.5mm - 1.6mm
Taper at apex of hollow - 1.25 - 1mm - 0.8mm
Balance point 30mm in front of handle.
Weight approx 240 grams.

That should tell you something about the way the blade feels and cuts... Its stiff, zero flex, has weight, yet cuts with very little resistance. I knew it would and it still surprised me:D Video coming up.
And again the Forum only special only the Nakiri left... is on until the end of Sunday...Or when I rise on monday. Free shipping and fees on the web price so £280.
I have some coming up in carbon, but need grinding........

Dude....if that was CAD not Euros my bank account would be empty

Well its nice to know its pushing some buttons anyway. :)
The price is what it is I'm afraid, so much more work in one of these than a convex ground Gyuto.......I think its very much worth it for the effect.:D

Well its nice to know its pushing some buttons anyway. :)
The price is what it is I'm afraid, so much more work in one of these than a convex ground Gyuto.......I think its very much worth it for the effect.:D

I completely respect the price, im just drooling and being wishful in my thinking!

Quick Early doors on these, before I fix the handles on, sharpen, get some more pictures, and put them in my store....
Catcheside Gyuto's with the Utility handle, These in glorious carbon 01 tested to 61hrc.
These are a little thicker than the stainless, only by a shade over the heel, full distal taper, wonderfully convex and very thin at the edge and tip. tested on food they cut and release very nicely.

20130408_154202_zpsa16965ae.jpg

The 270mm 58mm at the heel - £275 all in.
The 240mm 54mm at the heel - £245 all in.
The 210mm 48mm at the heel - £205 all in.

And these two guys, in Stainless clad carbon core, (01).

20130408_154410_zpsdbb1295d.jpg

Again very sturdy Knives, Just over 3mm over the heel, with slightly convex distal taper on these, allowing more convex geometry for the mid section of the knife too. So not lasers, but very very thin at the edge and tip, making them cut wonderfully.
These are finished to a nice satin hand rubbed finish and etched.
The handles incorporate Amboyna, Cow horn, with white faux ivory and red spacers.
The balance for both is on the choil.

The logo's came out a bit weak on these, 304 stainless hates being etched it seems. Otherwise I'm very happy with these indeed.

The 240mm - 58mm height - £440
The 200mm - 51mm height - £375

Pm any interest or questions or in the thread.

Many Thanks:)

Will

ohhhhhhh, those are gorgeous knives Will. Nice work! What's shipping go for these days, say.... to Maryland, US?

Those prices are all inclusive for you lovely lot.:)

Great looking knives, Will! Glad they're not stainless this time around. Then I'd have to make a hard decision, since I don't have the money. :)

Stainless clad carbon core though.....best of both worlds:D

Damn brake job . . . . damn, damn, damn. Gorgeous work Will - I seriously need to plant a money bush this year - (I'm not greedy) Hey - need a relic Tele body and neck by any chance? Or maybe a whole custom MoTone Tele, or Strat . . . hey just throwing it out there.

Mmm If I played I would be very tempted....But really these are my bill payers. Cheers Mike:)

The carbon Utility line are all now up on my Site as are the Red sharks as i'm calling them in stainless san mai. Lots and lots of detail and geometry shots are up for those who asked. I would have put them in here but photobucket is playing up again.
http://www.catchesidecutlery.com/shop.html
Cheers
Will

Right trying to not have to use Photobucket
These are the Carbon Catcheside Utility Gyuto detail shots.
IMGP3507.JPG
IMGP3508.JPG
IMGP3509.JPG
IMGP3510.JPG
IMGP3511.JPG

The Red Shark stainless san mai pair....
IMGP3478.JPG

IMGP3479.JPG

IMGP3480.JPG

IMGP3482.JPG

IMGP3488.JPG

Congrats on the quick sale! I like the look of the angled heel--seems like I am constantly cutting myself with that part of the blade (just handling not while cutting). Is that something new for you?

I do mostly take a little notch out of the heel there to stop it catching on flesh, but not usually so much as that. The 304l/01 combination is very particular the way it needs to be forged and prepared for heat treatment, or the cladding will rip the core in two, so that was another fail safe as I have seen a split core start from that vulnerable point on failed pieces.
After it has been tempered its quite stable. But I have several dramatically failed pieces to show what can go wrong at almost every stage:D Another reason why I am particularly pleased with these, because I got it to work eventually.....:D

The Red Shark 240mm is SPF, thanks KKF:biggrin:

Still available in the Catche'store are

210 carbon Gyuto, Utility line handle - £215
240 Carbon Gyuto, Utility line handle- £245
270 Carbon Gyuto, Utility Line handle- £275

Also the fabulous Stainless special grind Nakiri, I will continue the offer on that for KKF at £280 via pm only.

Both the Red Sharks now sold and shipped.

Still available are
210 carbon Gyuto, Utility line handle - £215
240 Carbon Gyuto, Utility line handle- £245
270 Carbon Gyuto, Utility Line handle- £275

Also the Stainless Nakiri. £280 via pm only.

Above prices include shipping and payment fees.

I believe these knives offer superb value for money for the time are care put into the heat treatment and grind. Each and every knife is tested with the final thinning being done by hand assuring the best possible geometry right into the thin edge. This is the same process as for my custom knives.

Ok lets shake some life into this. These are superb knives and they want to be out there being used.
Its my birthday next monday and I am off on a break along the welsh coast on my aging honda cbr 400 for the week. So a little holiday bonus would be most welcome and to pay some bills before I go away.

So I will offer the next two to sell of the knives currently listed on my site at a %20 discount. For the Nakiri the 20% is off the forum offer price. I really want to see these knives out there being used and talked about. Pm me for this offer and I will give you the total and my paypal details.

So this is valid for any of the 3 carbon utility or the stainless Nakiri. But only the first two to sell. This is valid until monday 22nd, (my birthday):D

Hang on Guys had a little wave of pm's there. I will just confirm which knife/knives the first wants. Ejd, I will get back to you shortly.

OK fellas, EJd gets the 210mm and Marc gets the 240mm, pending payment, I will send you details.
Many Thanks Guys, I will post a picture of me with my Bike eating a fish on the beach next week for you in gratitude:biggrin:

Back