• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn CATCHESIDE INTEGRAL DAMMY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YG420

Reaction score
Never thought I'd be letting this one go, but it's time to let someone else enjoy it. Up for sale is a custom Catcheside western integral damascus.

I am the original owner, commissioned it from Will in 2017-2018 when he did a short run of dammy integrals and have loved it ever since.

If I were to describe this knife in one word, it would be power. The profile is perfect for raising the handle upward for some leverage without worrying about breaking the tip, and the weight (257gms) helps make effortless cuts. Food release is great thanks to his forged geometry, and the steel (1.2442) holds up for a long time. The dammy cladding hardly patinas which I like. I did clean up the blade road a bit, but went a little high at the heel end on the side without the stamp. Despite it's weight, it is well balanced with the balance point being at the beginning of the "C" on the logo. The handle is very ergonomic, I orginally wanted something more simple in design, but it was more than comfortable from the get go. The cladding has texture and the knife has a very rustic but refined feel. Very unique and very Will.

Measurements are aprox 211x51, weighs 257 grams. Core steel is 1.2442 at 65 hrc with a dammy cladding of nickel/mild steel. Handle is blue stabilized birch. Paid about $1800+, price is $1250 shipped insured in the US. Intl, I will cover the first $25 of insured shipping for the full amount. Thanks for looking!

I took pics in the sunlight so you can see it at it's worst. Also included pics of the saya from Jon and some cracks it has. Sorry, no pin. I suck at taking pics btw.

IMG_7130.jpeg
IMG_7131.jpeg
IMG_7132.jpeg
IMG_7134.jpeg
IMG_7135.jpeg
IMG_7137.jpeg
IMG_7140.jpeg
IMG_7141.jpeg
IMG_7144.jpeg
IMG_7145.jpeg

I remember when you unveiled this beauty back in 2018. I almost bought another from the same batch that Home Butcher had commissioned and were offering. Will doesn't make them like this anymore. A rather unique specimen. GLWS

Thanks! I didnt know Home Butcher got some of that batch.

Back