Chilli Chat

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody roast tomato paste in the pot after searing the meat? What beer do you guys like to use?

Yes, I roast the tomato paste until very dark brick red, but not burnt, along with a chopped up preserved anchovy.

I tend to use stout. Like Guinness. If I don't have stout, I won't use beer at all but rather red wine.

Nice recipe. My only complaint is that he uses ground meat, and certainly not that fine a grind. Cutting up the beef into several bowls, one for 1/2 inch one for 3/4 and one for 1 inch. Brown the meet , keeping the sizes separate, then combine once all are done. The variety of sizes makes it a more interesting dish, and it's no harder.

I use short rib meat for chili in 1" dice. Cook for about 3 hours. Now that's tender.

Yes, I roast the tomato paste until very dark brick red, but not burnt, along with a chopped up preserved anchovy.

I tend to use stout. Like Guinness. If I don't have stout, I won't use beer at all but rather red wine.

I made Guinness stew 2 monthes ago, I'm a huge fan of cooking with Guinness.

Back