Cigars and coffee....OH YEAH

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just trying to keep this thread alive, start sharing some pictures of what you are smoking!

Celebrating Easter with a Padron #6 1926 Maduro

paddys.jpg

Going to give some life back to this thread. I am ending my vacation with a bottle of Bulleit bourbon and one of my favorite smokes.

ks7x.jpg

I hate to admit it, but the Ikea French press at $13 is damn good. I like it better than the Bodum I had, and more than some other $25 (cant recall brand) one from Bed Bath & Beyond that broke in to weeks. Strains the grinds nicely and is pretty sturdy. 3-4 cups out of it.

Just had a cup of Whole Food's breakfast blend, pretty good to this coffee newbie. I paired this Don Carlos with the coffee to make a wonderful afternoon treat!

apfm.jpg

Coffee and cigars are a perfect combination.
Mojitos and cigars are not bad either.
I love to smoke cigars, nice to see that there is a topic dedicated to that here.

Cigar weather is finally back in Chicago, thank God! My good buddy Dave from Florida sent me this stick to try out. Thanks a bunch! Nice mild to medium bodied and flavored cigar, which is a change of pace from my usual medium to full bodied cigars I smoke. I am pairing it with a pot of Red Bird Moka Peaberry coffee from Brazil.

7x26.jpg

Dave and I were also throwing around the idea of starting a cigar pass but we wanted to test the waters for interest. Let us know in this thread if you would like to participate.

How many puffs would I be allowed of the cigar before I was obligated to pass it along?

Two. And if you don't like it you can return it....:groucho:

Seriously this is in infancy stage. I was thinking of an exchange where interested members put name in hat, a drawing would assign another particpating member's name, each participant would then select 3-4 of their favorites (cap at $25?) and send them to their assignee. No one would be assigned themselves. So everyone sends a small package, everyone receives a small package. We all burn through some new sticks.

I've seen this as spice/rub exchanges on bbq forums, looked like fun.

Suggestions welcome.

If it works out repeat.

I'm willing to do the drawing and coordinate shipping addy's.

Today after a very nice shave a nice Maduro 5 Magico was up.

DSC04116_zps0e2c61da.jpg

That looks like a beautiful stick, Just about to light a Comacho Triple Maduro.

Any love for this thread? I just loaded up the humidor, trade interest?

I do have some boxes of cuban cigars. What do you want to trade them for? What brands are you interested in?:biggrin:

In willing to trade something of quality for quality. I love my Cohiba maduro 5, anything maduro really. Open to discuss.

I really haven't been into cigars as of late, but I did recently receive two bags of Dark Matter coffee that were absolutely delicious!

Dark Matter? Sounds mildly psychedelic...and good! Standard pour here this season has been a Kuai medium roast from Trader Joe's.

Haven't smoked any cigars in quite a while due to the extreme cold of the winter months. A good friend of mine did gift me this absolutely delicious bag of coffee.

3FlAwm.jpg

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead!

One of my favorite "legal" cigars and a cup of Two Brothers (local) house roast brewed with a french press with the 1/17 ratio. I finally purchased a kitchen scale to up my coffee game like the nerd that I am.

Mo6T8y.jpg

Cheers,

Pete

Back