Collecting kitchen knives as a hobby

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the wife with the knife says........HARRUMPH!!!! :mad3:

i have admitted that i collect knives. i used to say that it was just for work rotation but now i want knives from certain makers, ... carter, rodrigue, fowler ect. so i openly tell people, no, i collect knives and use them at work for a period, often times i buy knives when i switch kitchens, but i dont sell them, 2-5 purchases a year on average, and now im selective about what i buy, less impulsive.

its a pretty reasonable hobby financially. I raced MT bikes for years. downhill/freeride and cross country. my DH race bike was a personal build. had selected all my components, no real retail value but easily a 5k+$ build and my XC race bike, probably 3k+. im too old for that now but its all in what you do. guitars, old cars, model airplanes, wine ... dont get me started on what people spend in wine. ... knives are pretty reasonable in the long run. im sure someone else is trying to justify their purchases and hobby on another forum, we have this, they have that :) enjoy !

Back