Contest - Drawing Sunday 5/20

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i first saw it i thought that i was looking at a toasted slice of bread :)

If it's fossilized, it's a rock, right? If so, I'd use it for some spacers. I wouldn't want it to crack at a buttcap or ferrule...
While they call it fossil Ivory it is not a true fossil. Technically it is mineralized. Sanding is like bone or hard antler.

I was thinking about making a baby nook with it or a handle ferrule?????

Im in.

Harald will do a handle of this and musk ox for my 160 feather gyuto.
He will do a wip as well :)

Here is a 200 version: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...-Bubblewrap-HA-Musk-Ox-wa-Mammoth-Jaw-Ferrule

Wanna be part of a new masterpiece? :)

Wow! This is very generous of you sir. I'm in!

All since I finished the full musk handle for Øivinds knife, I've been wondering on how to possibly top that one off as to the choice of materials. This wonderful piece could be just what I need to do that.

DarKHOek

I'd likely pair it up with some Blackwood, or another natural material and do my own take on a vintage shaving brush, like an Ever-Ready, or Rubberset.

It looks EXACTLY like garlic bread on my iPhone! Hahaha

Looks like a baby parmesan cheese to me--complete with rind.

I would use it as an endcap or ferrule on my next custom knife.

Thanks for the give away, again.

:)

It does look like a cheese wedge.

Here, ferule or liner material on a Wa handle...

It's a beautiful piece of history. I have no idea what I'd use it for.

some part of a handle have to look at it .

I would use it as a ferrule on one of the knives Marko is making me.

I would do something with it.I don't know what,but something will be done:eyebrow:

I'd put it on the "Win a knife" thread and offer a minimum of 100 chances at $10 per. Select a winner with random # generator and split the money between two deserving KKF'ers who could use the dough.

And yeah, at first I thought it was a slice of garlic bread.

Just one more day before the drawing for the Garlic Bread........I mean Fossil Walrus Ivory.
You guys are always thinking about food.
My old avatar was a round slab of Amboyna Burl. Red with a gold sapwood border around it.
I think it was Mike Davis who said he thought it was a mound of spaghetti with sauce.

Just one more day before the drawing for the Garlic Bread........I mean Fossil Walrus Ivory.
You guys are always thinking about food.
My old avatar was a round slab of Amboyna Burl. Red with a gold sapwood border around it.
I think it was Mike Davis who said he thought it was a mound of spaghetti with sauce.

Hahahahaha actually it was my wife, but yes :)

My daughter loves fossils. I'd give it to her and show her one of my knife handles that is made out of fossil walrus ivory and hope that she gives it back to me for a ferrule or something. If not, she will add it to her collection.

k.

I used the random number generator to select the winner of the drawing.
It selected post #21
Congratulations markenki
Send me a PM with the address where you want it mailed and it will go out in the mail Monday.

Oh wow! Thanks a lot, Mark!

:bliss:

Maybe I should have cleared my plan with Marko first.

:)

Regards,

Mark

I used the random number generator to select the winner of the drawing.
It selected post #21
Congratulations markenki
Send me a PM with the address where you want it mailed and it will go out in the mail Monday.

SWEET, congrats Mark!

I received the Walrus Ivory today. It looks great! Thanks, again, Mark! Much appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Back