Cooking anime? Hmmmm.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe I didn't catch this thread earlier, used to love anime when younger. I just watched the first 4 episodes… it's 3AM now, my iPhones near dead and I'm tired AF lol. I'll be back for more.

That was really good. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm glad they are slated to have the 3 season start this fall.

Lots of fan service, but good show.

So I watched season 1&2 and the first 2 OVAs… cant find OVA 3&4 yet. I really enjoyed it, was entertaining and somewhat educational too, makes me want to learn a lot more about molecular gastronomy, spices, etc. and the "why and how" of cooking techniques.

I can't wait until season 3 is out!

Hiho!

i also love anime (yeah super anime Nerd of doom since 20 years) and Shokugeki No Soma was pretty cool because of the cooking knowledge that they packed into this with a hammer!
i like the manga more but the anime adaptation is pretty good! fitting japanese voice actors.

My favorite thing that i adopted is using honey on Wok-Meat to make it more tender.
Ahh cool well maybe they come with s3 in Autom or winter.
the summer season started and is at around 2-3 episodes right now but its not airing.

Muahahah just checked the autum 2017 release chart and it will air in october! (autum 2017 anime)

seeya daniel and Megumi is the best! ;)

It sounds a lot like Cooking Master Boy. I will check it out.

It is almost the same with Cooking Master boy, they are fighting in terms of who will cook best. But Cooking Master Boy is still the most epic Cooking anime I watched.

Does anyone have an idea what the socio-cultural reason for using CHINA as a theater for cooking master boy was? It doesn't seem an obvious choice for a japanese written story :)

Will get around to it, thanks for the recommendation

Does anyone have an idea what the socio-cultural reason for using CHINA as a theater for cooking master boy was? It doesn't seem an obvious choice for a japanese written story :)

It may be a Japanese manga but the story is based on Chinese cuisine. I don't know that you need a reason other than the author picked a subject.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chūka_Ichiban!

Not sure what you mean by obvious choice. It's obvious that a story about Chinese cuisine should be based in china.

I swear he is using a deba the whole time. You can see it when he is sharpening and in the intro.
Still love the show though.

Always assumed what he used was a Funayuki - which ticks the "deba" and "universal" boxes?

Is a generic wa-bocho that doesn't fit the usuba or yanagiba or other specialty type commonly called a deba in japanese?

Confession to make: Liked Mimasaka from the start, both the old and new personality :)

Sadly, I'm suffering Kurokiba withdrawal following the manga :)

You know, this one has been on my PTW list forever. I am currently watch 14 and have 29 on hold all ahead of this one. After reading this thread maybe I need to move this one up the list a bit. Thing is, I have not been into Shounen since middle school. There are more than a few amine out there that have a fair bit to do with cooking but it typically is not the main point, though. Food/cooking no being my main hobby I wouldn't know how to tear them apart anyway. I am more of a sharpener who happens to like eating so I decided that learning to cook was a good idea, hah.

So my daughter and I watch all kinds of anime together. I am well aware that a LOT of anime is adult programming.

However I was not prepared for the flaming crotches and clothes flying off in episode 1. Made for some awkward moments. My kiddo and I now have an agreement to just stare straight ahead when those "special" moments happen. 😛

So my daughter and I watch all kinds of anime together. I am well aware that a LOT of anime is adult programming.

However I was not prepared for the flaming crotches and clothes flying off in episode 1. Made for some awkward moments. My kiddo and I now have an agreement to just stare straight ahead when those "special" moments happen. 😛

I love it

This made me laugh my lungs out. :rofl2:

ha! my friend JUST recommended that i watch this.

This is actually a great anime :doublethumbsup: I stay up to date with the manga and the cooking methods introduced are actually pretty well incorporated. It's definitely an interesting read/anime to watch when you have the time!

So we've now got my husband hooked on this as well. Just imagine those "special" moments with fan service cranked to the max and my teen daughter cringing on the couch between her two parents.

Ahhh...good times!

I do like the real cooking hints woven in. They do their research well on these shows.

this might have moved the needle on this one..

i like anime..but usually when there is blood and guts..and demons, swords..

flaming crotch..oookay.

So we've now got my husband hooked on this as well. Just imagine those "special" moments with fan service cranked to the max and my teen daughter cringing on the couch between her two parents.

Ahhh...good times!

I do like the real cooking hints woven in. They do their research well on these shows.

:D

:zombiegrave:
Started watching season four of shokugeki no soma over the past couple of weeks… it picks up after s3 and the episodes appear to be numbered as a continuation from the previous (ie s4 e1 is e13)

Back