• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Coticule Natural Combo "la Veinette"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey,
Sorting some naturals too. This is a famous belgium stone. One of the best stones for sharpening to my point of view.
The vein is "la veinette", with natural combo with blue belgium stone. So you got 2 stones with one.
200X75x19mm. 816 grammes
yellow layers is 8/5,5mm thick. Blue combo.

The coticule is 8k and blue about 3k.
Maybe the best coticule I got (I got 3) but I feel bad using this stone professionally as I will shave it too fast. Not too hard, great creamy feeling. If it doesn’t go I won’t be sad to keep it for my home!

400 euros 380 euros(shipping fees out) SOLD
I am in France

Attachments

• 20211116_160955.jpg
    20211116_160955.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 101
  • 20211116_160959.jpg
    20211116_160959.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Do you sell a small nagura for this as well? Since, correct me if i wrong, coticule cannot be use with diamond plate because it will break the garnet in the stone, which create very deep scratch as a result.

Do you sell a small nagura for this as well? Since, correct me if i wrong, coticule cannot be use with diamond plate because it will break the garnet in the stone, which create very deep scratch as a result.
Yes there will be a small 40x60x14mm piece/nagura to surface the stone.
I am not sure the diamond plat won't work but I never tried. I generally work with the nagura slurry or with clean water

Coticule slurry stones are awesome :), but you can slurry one with a diamond plate if you want. I probably wouldn't use a very coarse or fresh plate, but that's because cotis are reasonably friable for natural stones, so you wouldn't really need to.

Coticule slurry stones are awesome :), but you can slurry one with a diamond plate if you want. I probably wouldn't use a very coarse or fresh plate, but that's because cotis are reasonably friable for natural stones, so you wouldn't really need to.
Really coticule don't need the diamond plate to get any slurry. I would use sometimes another smaller coticule as nagura, it's more than enough. And actually I am using the coticule mostly with fresh water and after a naniwa pro 3k I always get the edges I want, refine and balance with teeth.

Really coticule don't need the diamond plate to get any slurry. I would use sometimes another smaller coticule as nagura, it's more than enough. And actually I am using the coticule mostly with fresh water and after a naniwa pro 3k I always get the edges I want, refine and balance with teeth.

Yeah just lovely stones :). I don’t know any other stone that finishes as fine, but still with with good bite and teeth to an edge. I’m always amazed they’re not talked about more here.

(Sorry to derail your sale thread... someone should be snapping this up stat!)

Yeah just lovely stones :). I don’t know any other stone that finishes as fine, but still with with good bite and teeth to an edge. I’m always amazed they’re not talked about more here.

(Sorry to derail your sale thread... someone should be snapping this up stat!)
No problem, I am always happy to stone talk ! Coticules are underrated in the kitchen knives world but for 2 good reasons : First : big stones are rare, there will not be 200x75 stones for everyone. Second : Hope it will stay like that so it is still possible to get a good coticule for under 400 euros. One day they will go up like japanese ones. That's why I am a bit... shy to sell this one, I am not sure I should as I am not sure I can find some stone like that again

Back