cpm knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you're the one who snaked that Shimatani 240! I waited a hair too long and it was gone. Glad you like it. How do you like the blade height?

I asked Metal Master to find out about making me a HAP40 270 but he never got back to me.

Cheers,

Rick

Northwoods knives in XHP are available online. F&F is sloppy, but I use the petty a lot since getting it.
Warther sells knives in S35v. I have never owned one, but considering picking one up.

So you're the one who snaked that Shimatani 240! I waited a hair too long and it was gone. Glad you like it. How do you like the blade height?

I asked Metal Master to find out about making me a HAP40 270 but he never got back to me.

Cheers,

Rick

Height is good I suppose, honestly I've never been too fussed by the height of a knife. I used Sabs for ages so I'm probably more use to shorter profiles, I'd imagine anything up to 55mm ish would be fine for me. I've never used a takeda but I always though they looked a little off. For the price there's really nothing I can fault on the blade. The edges on the handle could be a touch smoother and as I said, a 270 would be nice, but it's measured from the the heel so it's still long for a 240mm. If he's gets more in stock, I'd highly recommend grabbing one.

Is that the Damascus blade?The one sold out at Metalmaster looks to have a nice profile.A little heft in a blade is fine as long as the grind is good.How is the edge holding for extended prep work?I would imagine with the hardness you could put a thin bevel on it.How does it compare to your AS steel? Alot of questions cuz you really seem to like the blade at work.

Back