Customer Related Question: What Would You Do?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ya, your boards ARE expensive! Quality is rarely cheap, although people often are!

I'm loving my 14X20 maple, by the way!

David's board (now my board) is, by far, the most expensive board I have ever bought. And the only board I have bought I should add. Great crafstmanship will cost more than your run of the mill stuff but, in the long run and while you are using it, be well worth the extra cost. I just received my 14 x 18" maple board last week and am enjoying it immensely. Looking back it was actually a very good price for what I received.

It was pretty straightforward to me: cost of the board divided by how many years the board will last. $3-5 per year over the next 40 years seems pretty darn reasonable for a very high quality board...

Dave, you gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. His problem for still being an a**. You took the classy route - classy action, by a classy guy with the classy boards ;)

Love my Boardsmith boards. I only wish I had the time to use them every day.

Thankfully you aren't a larger corporation that has to bend over backwards for bad customers...you can choose your business as you please.

My board from you is one of my favorite things I have, even above many knives. Don't worry about one guy, anyone that has used your product will easily recommend to their friends and family.

I know that this was already resolved, but I thought of this thread when I read an issue of Entrepreneur today. The advice they gave was to "Fire your D-Grade Customers." To quote the article they say: "High-maintenance, low margin customers are an impediment to deploying time and resources more profitably....Get rid of the them."

They suggested giving all customers a letter grade and dumping those below C (if you can afford it) and then make a plan to convert Bs and Cs to As instead. They are the ones worth the time and effort.

This advice probably fits better with other industries, but it still makes sense on some level with almost all businesses.

k.

Mr Drinky,

I agree with you almost 100%. Let me explain.

All customers are worth the effort. The vast majority are "A" customers with a few "B" customers thrown in. I rarely if ever see a "C" or a "D" customer, however each year I run into a "F" customer or two. I can afford to loose those. They are more expensive to keep than to loose.

Makes me wonder what my customer rating is.:sofa:

So, an a****** with a short memory and lots of money? Hell, sell him another one. Remember that the customer is always right, but they are occasionally misinformed. :happymug:

Back