Cutting board Bakko Yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy

Reaction score
Anybody have experience use this cutting board?
Bakko Yanagi.
Would like to know how it perform over time.
Thanks for inputs!

Never used that particular board.They used to sell these great lightweight wood boards at Murokai Japan store here.I had one of those looks similar.Even using a cleaver on it held up well for quite a while.I cannot find them anymore they only carry the plastic boards now.

The one at A-Frames is more expensive from his description sounds like a good lite weight board if that is what you are looking for.

Mine came wraped in plastic like the one at A-Frames.It was pretty light but held up amazingly well.It was a great lite portable board.Don't see them around anymore best small board I have tried other small boards for protiens etc. not as good as that Japan board.

I would think that the one at A-Frames is good if you don't mind the price & shipping is reasonable.He has high quality items on his site.

Keith,
1. May I know where did you buy this from?
2. Did you apply the "lotion"?
3. Or how do you take care yours?

I bought mine from the Japanese department store here,but they do not carry it anymore.It was not an endgrain but held up well without warping & was easy on the knives.

Most of my cutting these days are on a boardsmith mohagany endgrain.I use a bamboo board for protiens.I use Howards Butcher Block.Some say food grade mineral oil is enough(never use food oil eg. olive oil board will become rancid).Howards has food grade mineral oil wt. beeswax & carnaba helps with water resistant & rejuvenates the wood.

Latest posts

Back