Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been out of town for a month, haven't touched this lass in almost 2. Feels even better than I recalled

1000034871.jpg

1000034872.jpg

Someone is having some fun with their knife, I love it. Did you describe how you mirror polished at all and I missed it?
Long process but first I used Koyo polish to remove etching and patina. Then used Diamond paste then back to Koyo. Did one last pass with diamond paste then finish with Koyo polish.

Long process but first I used Koyo polish to remove etching and patina. Then used Diamond paste then back to Koyo. Did one last pass with diamond paste then finish with Koyo polish.
Thanks! Done vinegar etching in the past but the results were never that great, figured I hadn't prepped the knife well enough. Gonna give it a go!

I've resolved to stop pining for those knife makers that I'm having a hard time getting when there are a lot of amazing makers who are willing to sell their knives to me. I'll just collect more of their knives.
My Shihans in (L-R) A2, 52100 and Aogami 2 steel.
View attachment 315665
Oooo lawd that telegraph, can’t wait for mine to come to fruition. Lmk if you’re ever selling any 😉

Probably the wrong thread but wondering if anybody has any tips for purchasing raw blonde buffalo horn? I really love the look of the horn on this ashi handle. I want to make a matching handle set for some of my blades with blonde horn and a light colored wood.
1000017367.jpg
1000017369.jpg

Hi guys I'm a new guy here, just wanted to post most of my collection. I mainly deal with budget knives (<100 usd) but I have placed an order with F Vaz for 3 knives and they should be here soon! Would love to hear what knife or knife shape y'all would recommend I get next
Knife Collection.jpg

Left to right
Local made 52100 core damascus honesuki
Unknown blue steel funayuki
afwknife slicer in 3cr17mo
kitchenknivesid D2 custom deba
kitchenknivesid M390 custom nakiri
Tojiro VG10 DP A1 gyuto
Buwek knife 440C kramer inspired chef's knife
Carl Schmidt Sohn 420J2 western chef's knife (my first ever knife)
Tramontina bread knife

Back