Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the HOs...

Migoto blue 1 270
Migoto ginsan 240
Migoto blue 1 240
Migoto white 1 240
Sakai Kikumori Tanaka vintage swedish carbon 240
Nakagawa x Myojin dammy blue 1 240
Kagekiyo dammy blue 1 240
Lucid Sheffcut 230
Watanabe blue 2 210

View attachment 321304
I'll take that Lucid, thanks! Oh, and the Wat. And the Kikumori....

Current work rotation:

1715654846443.png

Hi, y'all! Just got here and wanted to share a little. Not so much a state of the collection but rather a juxtaposition of good value cutters. Six Kiwis counterclockwise from the left are: fruit, utility, meat cleaver, butcher, Thai chef, small Thai chef. Six Ashis (all Gesshin, all stainless) clockwise from the right are: 270 sujihiki, 240 gyuhiki, 150 petty, Chuka bocho, 240 gyuto, and 210 petty. I'm still wanting either a santoku or smaller gyuto but really having a hard time deciding. Maybe both, lol. Thanks!
a83b671c-9d75-4777-83f4-fe04bf6e8b5f-1_all_6034.jpg

Low key obsessed with the laseur (Florida gentleman)… choil shot does not work because of the finger guard (kinda like a messermeister) so I had to use and compare to other stuff I had to form a keep or not keep on this outside of just looking. Pics cannot really capture the proportions right as the s grind, half heel guard distorts what you might judge from a pic.

This is possibly the best zero maintenance knife, no frills, all performance.

Food release - check,
handle comfort - double check,
thick spine out the handle for comfortable pinch - check,
super thin taper to get to a thin grind after the S cut - check
made entirely with low maintenance material - check

been stalking tony since @ashy2classy recommendation of him here on KKF and I think this is a winner too (as i'm sure all of his stuff is). maybe one day i'll land a laseur honyaki / cleaver... I keep reminding him...

*wife feedback - she thinks not enough makers do the finger guard. outside of the feeling of safety it provide a lot of "comfort" in extra width where your index finger goes. Kamon does a extreme taper there for a seamless transition, but i think this cut is possibly better for the overall grind of the knife....
** pic is Halcyon Forge S grind, Laseur Florida Gentleman, and Kipp WP

IMG_0808 (1).jpg

Low key obsessed with the laseur (Florida gentleman)… choil shot does not work because of the finger guard (kinda like a messermeister) so I had to use and compare to other stuff I had to form a keep or not keep on this outside of just looking. Pics cannot really capture the proportions right as the s grind, half heel guard distorts what you might judge from a pic.

This is possibly the best zero maintenance knife, no frills, all performance.

Food release - check,
handle comfort - double check,
thick spine out the handle for comfortable pinch - check,
super thin taper to get to a thin grind after the S cut - check
made entirely with low maintenance material - check

been stalking tony since @ashy2classy recommendation of him here on KKF and I think this is a winner too (as i'm sure all of his stuff is). maybe one day i'll land a laseur honyaki / cleaver... I keep reminding him...

*wife feedback - she thinks not enough makers do the finger guard. outside of the feeling of safety it provide a lot of "comfort" in extra width where your index finger goes. Kamon does a extreme taper there for a seamless transition, but i think this cut is possibly better for the overall grind of the knife....
** pic is Halcyon Forge S grind, Laseur Florida Gentleman, and Kipp WP

View attachment 321533
Why do you keep saying FL gentleman? Tony is in Virginia.

Back