Design improvement, convexing and grinding

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, that is where it is supposed to be, I have made a few that have been a bit longer, as a balance issue.
Del

Del:

Looks great! BTW - where is the balance point on these knives?

I know you were finishing up another knife today, any more pics?

Del, I was lucky enough to use the passaround last night and love the handle design. With my eyes closed I couldn't find the transition between the bolsters and the main handle wood. With the new profile you have a great knife. I'm really excited to hold one of these knives. And at this price point they are a tremendous value.

I love that profile, would love one of these knives in my kitchen.

Mike

#2 maple bolster and redwood burl :viking:

mapredhandle1.jpg

mapred.jpg

mapredhandle2.jpg

I got to see these first hand today...Man are they nice! They have such a great, balanced feel in the hand...

Looks nice, butt the pin isn't aligned perfectly!

Del are we still on track to do these out of AEB-L at the $430 price range? I haven't seen anything about these recently.

Del are we still on track to do these out of AEB-L at the $430 price range? I haven't seen anything about these recently.

I am aiming to start these in the beginning of next week, now that someone closed the door to hell, I can finish a bit of damascus.

Hot dang these knives look gorgeous. I can't wait to see some reviews on how the new profile performs.

Back