Japanese Knives Diamond stone set again?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember reading here somewhere a while ago that people used to just send money and specs for knives they wanted to Japanese makers, completely unannounced. As in no prior conversations. Just blindly sent money and hoped for the best. What's more funny is it seems that after waiting they'd actually receive these knives they requested. I find that funny, and extremely crazy.

Hey Jon!

Sorry if these questions have already been asked, but would I treat these stones just like I would any other water stone? Same amount of drying time, same drying conditions, etc? Any issues with cracking or anything like that? I'd like to get a set of stones that I can easily and safely bring to places, and these seem like a good choice. Thanks!

Hey Jon!

Sorry if these questions have already been asked, but would I treat these stones just like I would any other water stone? Same amount of drying time, same drying conditions, etc? Any issues with cracking or anything like that? I'd like to get a set of stones that I can easily and safely bring to places, and these seem like a good choice. Thanks!

They are pure splash and go. Hissy leave them to dry in out of the sun in a warm place. Doesn't take too long.

it seems there is a decent bit of interest for these again... i will start a new thread shortly

Count me in. I got a set last time and love them. They're my go to option when I want get things done. I want another set for a friend :)

Count me in. I got a set last time and love them. They're my go to option when I want get things done. I want another set for a friend :)

can you do me a favor and post this in the other thread, so it will be a bit easier to keep track of for me... thanks :)

Hey Jon!

they are splash and go in the most literal sense... no soaking to worry about, and you can literally wipe them dry when you are done. No cracking, not hard to care for. They are easy to travel with. Honestly though, you are close enough by that you can just come in and check them out in person when you have time, and that might be best.

Back