• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Don Carlos Andrade 157mm "Rainbow" nakiri PRICE DROP $795

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uguisu

Reaction score
I am the original owner of this one-of-a-kind carbon steel nakiri hand forged in California by Don Carlos Andrade.

The blade's "rainbow" quench is part of the artists hardening, etching and hand-sanded polishing process.

The blade length is 157mm ( 6.1") with an overall length of 290mm (11.4")

The blade is 1095 carbon steel with a width at choi of 3.7mm, blade width 1" from tip of 2.5mm, blade height at heel of 51mm and a weight of 7oz (198g).

The handle is stabilized and dyed spalted maple with a pink-ivory inlay and mosaic pin.

The knife comes with a beautiful colored cloth saya (as pictured).

The knife is in new and unused condition.

The original purchase price of the knife was $1050.00, I am offering it for a REDUCED PRICE of $795.00 including USPS Priority Mail shipping within the Continental US only.

Don Carlos Andrade-157mm nakiri-1.jpg
Don Carlos Andrade-157mm nakiri-2.jpg
Don Carlos Andrade-157mm nakiri-3.jpg

Last edited:
I am the original owner of this one-of-a-kind carbon steel nakiri hand forged in California by Don Carlos Andrade.

The blade's "rainbow" quench is part of the artists hardening, etching and hand-sanded polishing process.

The blade length is 157mm ( 6.1") with an overall length of 290mm (11.4")

The blade is 1095 carbon steel with a width at choi of 3.7mm, blade width 1" from tip of 2.5mm, blade height at heel of 51mm and a weight of 7oz (198g).

The handle is stabilized and dyed spalted maple with a pink-ivory inlay and mosaic pin.

The knife comes with a beautiful colored cloth saya (as pictured).

The knife is in new and unused condition.

The original purchase price of the knife was $1050.00, I am offering it for a REDUCED PRICE of $795.00 including USPS Priority Mail shipping within the Continental US only.

View attachment 110921View attachment 110922View attachment 110923
Still for sale? What you think of this knife makers work?

Yes it is still for sale.

I think Don Carlos makes beautiful knives with a unique blade treatment (see photo) with lovely imaginative sayas.

IMHO, that each knife is a work of art is the issue for me - the knife was too nice to use!

At any rate, let me know if you are interested or have any additional questions..

Yes it is still for sale.

I think Don Carlos makes beautiful knives with a unique blade treatment (see photo) with lovely imaginative sayas.

IMHO, that each knife is a work of art is the issue for me - the knife was too nice to use!

At any rate, let me know if you are interested or have any additional questions..
K thanks. It’s beautiful for sure.

Back