dry aging steak in home with vaccum sealing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious what people think that experience with both approaches--traditional and this UMAMi bag? Sound cool, but stupid pricy especially since the Old World method is pretty well tested and reliable. HA

I don't see any advantage and I see the disadvantage of cost. Dry aging is stupid easy- even I can do it ��. The serious eats article is very thorough and highly recommended.

i Would stick to the regular old school process.
For the most part it is easy as long as you take time and follow all recommended steps(good circulation of air etc)

I don't see any other advantage to this bag method other than having this in a regular fridge with everything else creating an issues with odors and the like . I prefer keeping dry aged stuff in a separate chamber but to be honest i have done it on a larger scale and never in a home setting .

This method can be practical for restaurants that don't have proper installations for dry-aging. I've tried it personally at home and its a quite interesting result. But I agree that the price does not make it practical

Back