eBay Konosuke knives. Anyone see these?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicagohawkie

Reaction score
Someone’s looking to make a buck! These were just sold here on the forum not too long ago.

I’ve never understood paying inflated prices for kono Fujiyamas. There’s enough stuff out there with a similar likeness that is readily available. Tesshu, kagekiyo and that Sakura line from James comes to mind.

I’ve never understood paying inflated prices for kono Fujiyamas. There’s enough stuff out there with a similar likeness that is readily available. Tesshu, kagekiyo and that Sakura line from James comes to mind.

Same reason people pay crazy prices for Shigs and Katos, Hype, rarity and over inflated prices by investors looking to flip it for a quick buck.

Shig and kato are people though, atleast behind the name. Kato is a one man show, shig is a small family operation. Both make their own steel, amongst other stuff. There’s some true romanticism there. Konosuke is a brand that employs diff people to make diff things at varying levels of quality.

All of this. Fujiyamas are nothing extraordinary, hype based on ignorance.

I agree, I don't understand paying inflated prices for any knife... but all the Fujiyamas I have used have been nice knives. In fact I still own a B#1 Fuji (sold a b#2 for exactly what I paid as well)

20170101_183024.jpg

I don't think it's a healthy or a good thing if people are buying up knives to flip them at an inflated price. This has become a real issue in the last year or so, or maybe I didn't notice before.

Kono Fuji knives in the past have been very nicely made. Out of all of them I still have a blue 1 and a blue 2 Honyaki that are superb. Konos peak in my opinion was in 2015. The new ones are in my opinion are rebranded and over priced. For example Hinoura makes thier sanjo white 2 knives that sell for over 500 bucks, yet Hinouras own Branded knife sells for 300 less - with a bit less FnF and standard handle. All the to go people talk about the new konos as being the best ever! It’s hilarious!
The knives in the eBay listing seem to be an experimental run and they don’t look very kono at least to their usual standards.

Kono Fuji knives in the past have been very nicely made. Out of all of them I still have a blue 1 and a blue 2 Honyaki that are superb. Konos peak in my opinion was in 2015. The new ones are in my opinion are rebranded and over priced. For example Hinoura makes thier sanjo white 2 knives that sell for over 500 bucks, yet Hinouras own Branded knife sells for 300 less - with a bit less FnF and standard handle. All the to go people talk about the new konos as being the best ever! It’s hilarious!
The knives in the eBay listing seem to be an experimental run and they don’t look very kono at least to their usual standards.

You have a Honyaki???? Wowsa, regardless of what you think of the standard Fuji line, those Honyakis look unreal!

[video=youtube;2ddFtftDKzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ddFtftDKzI[/video]

I owned a couple. and still own a white 2 honyaki.
Agreed Konos of yesteryear were amazing. They look off and over priced now.
But if you only spend 1 hour researching knives konosuke will evidently come up as widely praised. Pushing the market for them.

I think also being a house that takes current makers and designs and refines them to a new level speaks with people. This also pushes collectors to collect all the different lines of different (famous) makers where the best F&F, factory handle, and kono specific tweaked HT make it desirable. The rarest from the best of the oldest.

People not collecting, and just want cutters should/could look else where.

I’ve only used wh2 and blue2 Fujiyamas (San mai). I definitely didn’t see anything really superior about them.
I owned a couple. and still own a white 2 honyaki.
Agreed Konos of yesteryear were amazing. They look off and over priced now.
But if you only spend 1 hour researching knives konosuke will evidently come up as widely praised. Pushing the market for them.

I think also being a house that takes current makers and designs and refines them to a new level speaks with people. This also pushes collectors to collect all the different lines of different (famous) makers where the best F&F, factory handle, and kono specific tweaked HT make it desirable. The rarest from the best of the oldest.

People not collecting, and just want cutters should/could look else where.

I’ve tried them all except honyaki. Every one up until the recent cktg versions and sold everyone here for what I paid or less. I have an old blue 2 Fujiyama that I kept. Then I used the new blue 2 and ginsan both not wide bevels and they cut better then any fujiyamas I had. The blue 2 is a great cutter. Definitely different than other Konosuke someone different must have done those and Shiraki did the ginsan. Definitely overpriced now. But there are very few knives I get and say.” Wow that’s a good value”

I'd still like to know who bought and resold these...dirtbag...and I have no interest in kono either way.

If it weren't for online knife forums hype trains, I think j knife pricing today would be similar to mid 2000s
Of course this is based on zero financial and market research ;)

I'd still like to know who bought and resold these...dirtbag...and I have no interest in kono either way.

I was suprised by the number of PMs from relatively new and low post count forum members. One of which I kinda suspected he wanted to flip the knives somewhere else (my gut feeling anyway).

I didn’t mean to be negative with my earlier post. I did like the Fujiyamas I used, and for the $350ish price everything about them was fine. I just don’t see them as unique enough knives to justify a demand an after market mark up in price. It seems like there’s other nice Sakai made stuff that’s nice too with similar characteristics. This to me marks the difference between shig, kato and Fujiyamas.

As far as I can see, the same guy who has already been exposed in another thread... Shameful behavior, but, fortunately, he seems to be water under the bridge

Go to eBay and search konosuke. Seller will come up. He recently changed his eBay name when he resold all those JNS Shigefusa knives for huge profits. He’s a KKF member as well. And it isn’t soreal. In any case it’s pretty sad.

You have a Honyaki???? Wowsa, regardless of what you think of the standard Fuji line, those Honyakis look unreal!

[video=youtube;2ddFtftDKzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ddFtftDKzI[/video]

That’s an Ashi white 2 Honyaki. It’s mislabled in this video. I have the blue 2 version.

Go to eBay and search konosuke. Seller will come up. He recently changed his eBay name when he resold all those JNS Shigefusa knives for huge profits. He’s a KKF member as well. And it isn’t soreal. In any case it’s pretty sad.

I would also like to add.. if I’m not mistaken, it’s someone who works in the oils fields of North Dakota .. this person is not ‘Omega’ who is in the same industry in the same state

How come the Tesshu, is half price compared to Kagakiyo and to Sakura?

Free market: it is what it is... I'm actually intrigued and impressed that a brand that is essentially a marketing company gets so much love from some quarters. Butt not necessarily saying it's bad or good, just an observation...

Back