Electronic Cigarettes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and bought a cool as heck ecig next door at Walgreens for $7.99. One time use one, gal at counter said it lasts longer than the Blu one time. Its a non flavored one, but for me it tastes like a cheap gas station mocha... you know the ones. I actually like it. Its made out of a soft material so you can bite down on it and it feels like a ciggy too. Im actually doing what I thought I would, and been puffing on it since I got home 10 minutes ago LOL. what the heck...next weeks tips will be going to the aforementioned Innokin pro or whatever that was, and hopefully Fuzionvapor will be accepting payments and Ill get some unicorn blood from them and something else with valerian root in it so maybe thatll help me sleep :) Sounds like another addiction in the making to me.

Bought an Njoy King from the 7-11 in Everett. Horrible little thing. Tastes like cheap Pyramid cigarettes and has a strong TH on it. Ordered a 1300mAh eGo Spinner, 10 double coil atomizers, a peach tobacco juice, and a watermelon juice from online sources(want to know more?) Looking forward to a new AD.

Just an update - I now have a collection of 20 20mg of e-juices, multiple cartomizers/ atomizers, and have found out that this stuff really does help stop the craving or need for cigarettes. Its odd, but within the past month of me starting this stuff, 4 of my friends (all heavy smokers) have started using ecigs as well, two of whom are done with cigarettes as well, and they were both 1pack+ a day. The price point vs smoking regular cigs is so much lower, its unbelievable! The juice I have now would last me a good year(but its fun to be generous with it and refill other peoples carts), and I havent even spent $100 on it. I only got 4 bottles of flavors with 24mg of nicotine, and the rest are all 16mg. By the end of this summer I am looking forward to dropping to 12mg nic, and by the end of the year to 0mg. After that I hope to continue vaping, purely because I love the hand to mouth, inhale, exhale past-time, and am no longer smoking drugs, herb, or cigarettes. I have ordered from two different online distributors, and my favorite one so far is electovape, but unfortunately the lady is having health issues and shutting the site down at the end of this month. If anyone wants, she has a code I got off the vaping forum im on, and everything on her site is 60% off which is ridiculous by any standards (code is: 60elec). Thanks for starting this thread here, Burl Source , without it I probably wouldnt have been on this bandwagon for a while, if ever and would be continuously promising my wife that Im about to quit and draining knife money on "analogs" :)

Pretty amazing isn't it? If I was rich I would just give these out to smokers everywhere.

with the sin tax just coming to effect in my country and my recent quitting of smoking, i might opt for e-cigs as well. it'll come out cheaper in the long run. not that i smoke a lot, i "stress-smoke" though when i'm pressured.

Hello, saw this thread and thought I'd chime in. I have been using e-cigs for about two years now, and think they're amazing. As has been stated in this thread, not all brands are created equal. Most of the ones you find in grocery stores, malls, and gas stations are pretty crappy. I went to the forum that's already been posted here, ecigarettesforum.com or whatever it is, and after some research I came up with Vapor4Life as my chosen brand. A bunch of my friends went with the E-Go or something, we all love our choices. It's all evolved a lot since I first started up, but it's all been for the better in my opinion. I use drip tips, tanks, titan batteries, pass thrus, I've got a car charger, a charging case, blah blah blah. They do work, and you can even remove all the nicotine and just smoke for the oral fixation/idle hands issue. Definitely give them a try if cold turkey hasn't worked for you.

with the sin tax just coming to effect in my country and my recent quitting of smoking, i might opt for e-cigs as well. it'll come out cheaper in the long run. not that i smoke a lot, i "stress-smoke" though when i'm pressured.

Sin tax?

"sin tax" a term used to tax the stuff that is considered, or leads to sinning. Some people justify it by saying that if it is taxed less people would do it.

Yes, the gummint SAYS that they tax you on such sinful things to encourage you to quit or cut back for your own good, yet they still include ALL of that tax revenue in their budget every year. :thumbsup:
"sin tax" a term used to tax the stuff that is considered, or leads to sinning. Some people justify it by saying that if it is taxed less people would do it.

Oh no bro, its not your fault for the confusion, youre not the confusing one its the haters taxing you.

Ok, so you know that you are going overboard when you start ordering GALLONS of VG and PG to make your own e-juices after a month of being into e-cigs. Holy crap man, I tried really hard not to push that "pay now" button, but it made so much sense to me in my head though :)

I posted the following on vapeatron.com, a smaller ecig forum I joined last month, and I just wanted to share with you guys a glimpse of what e-cigs DIY juice looks like to me right now;

Ok, so before I try to explain what Im doing, I have:

1.Read Rocketmans tutorial 3 times when I wasnt drinking.
2.Read other peoples advice for the past month or so.
3.Read about the dangers of high concentrate nicotine.
4.One gal of each VG and PG on the way already.

What I will be attempting to do is to make 2+ gallons of 50/50 juice with 16mg-18mg of nic in it. This will be my base. I want to have it in one huge mason jar.

I plan on ordering mucho flavors from WizLabs. I also plan on purchasing 10ml and 20ml plastic bottles (someone posted a great site for them on here just the other day and now I cant find it).

I hope to have the 2gal of 18mg juice, and when I or my friends want a particular flavor, I can fill the 10ml bottle with the appropriate mixture of juice vs. flavor and bada bing bada bang! No wait for shipping and no scalpeling for prices from local brick and mortars, and a year or more worth of juice for our ultimate enjoyment for less than $100.

Reason for this approach: I enjoy being generous and the idea of PIF. Most of my friends are broke, ghetto, scared of trying new stuff or all three of the aforementioned. I am not rich myself, but love making things and watching people enjoy what I make. (Im a cook for a living.)

Please respond with your thoughts, i.e.: you're never gonna make it you newb, re-read Rockets post you newb, you're gonna poison yourself with nicotine you newb, itll never work you newb, etc.

Thanks guys! I have met some really awesome people here and am really enjoying my stay, I really want to be able to contribute not only to the forum but to the bigger vaping community someday. I have a lot of drive and motivation, but sometimes I get too excited and don't think straight, and thats where community comes into play.

I'm not so sure I understand...I thought vaping involved that substance you folks just legalized in Washington? :scratchhead:

No dude, to clarify: anything that can be smoked CAN be vaped, but we are talking about nicotine here, one of the 4000 substances in a cigarette. The one chemical that PhillipMorris/Pobama and associates are now trying to privatize in all forms, so that they can get their grimy terrorist hands on to knuckle down our freedom so we cant chose what we wanna do.

I havent had a cigarette or craved for one for almost a month now man. Im talking about going from full blown smokin Marb reds to not in a matter on no time without the crazy thoughts like when I quit the times before. Im talking about controlling the amount of nicotine you ingest, which you cannot do when you smoke ciggys. Im talking about not having someone else think for you. Its a little piece of freedom, and its about to get yanked starting Feb 13th because it bothers the big guys when they lose customers and people start figurin things out for themselves.

Yes there are herb vaporizers, but those run at much much higher temps (190 degrees) and the tanks which hold the herby stuff are completely different than the ones in eciggys.

Another thing about herby herb is that its not legal man, the media funks with the truth. The feds are about to gangbang on Washington state again and take everything away from people AGAIN. This is the second time something like this has happened. Americans told they can do something by the government, and then the OTHER government comes in and jacks em.

FYI I been clean off anything from the streets or the garden 4 years now man. Im not for it, but I am for the people.

Hope this clarifies things for you. If not, shoot away with questions.

About a week ago one of my customers who makes e-cig mods (probably not correct name) sent me a Reo e-cig vaporizer, a few different types of e-cig juice and some other e-cig things. The same pack of cigarettes I had then are still sitting on the porch at home. This set up is making it easy to quit cigarettes. I had been smoking Marlboros for 30+ years. A few times I have lit a cigarette and taken a couple drags followed by a few hits off the Reo. The cigarette just doesn't taste as good so they get tossed aside.

June 9 will be 2 months without a real cig for me. There are times where I really have to fight the urge for one. If I didn't have my ecig I don't think I could do this. I started off on high nicotine, now I'm on low. Next step is no nicotine then hopefully I can break the routine entirely.

I'll have to google reo, I've never heard of it before

I'm a vaper too!

Been vaping since middle of February and have dropped from 3 packs a day to about 1.

-Sam

I was a heavy smoker for 45 years and had tried most aides including group therapy such as smokenders and still could not quit, literally everything but skoal bandits between my toes and no joy. I tried a Blu e-cig and it just didn't have what I needed, it was not satisfying at all. Then I tried a provari higher end variable voltage e-cig and a few different flavors until I found one that was not too bad and wallah ... no analog's since Sept 26th of 2013, digital only. It took the right flavor, the right nicotine level, the right throat hit (variable voltage), good batteries and a good charger but once everything came together it was like I didn't quit analogs at all. Take it from someone that just couldn't kick the habit even with medical assistance that these things really do work. I've steadily reduced the nicotine level since last year and I'm currently using the lowest level, next purchase will be nicotine free. The last piece will be to lose the throat hit and hand to mouth habit and I will be done. It should be noted that everything had to be lined up properly for this to work for me but it did indeed work and the best thing about it is my cig budget is now my knife budget.

I was a heavy smoker for 45 years and had tried most aides including group therapy such as smokenders and still could not quit, literally everything but skoal bandits between my toes and no joy. I tried a Blu e-cig and it just didn't have what I needed, it was not satisfying at all. Then I tried a provari higher end variable voltage e-cig and a few different flavors until I found one that was not too bad and wallah ... no analog's since Sept 26th of 2013, digital only. It took the right flavor, the right nicotine level, the right throat hit (variable voltage), good batteries and a good charger but once everything came together it was like I didn't quit analogs at all. Take it from someone that just couldn't kick the habit even with medical assistance that these things really do work. I've steadily reduced the nicotine level since last year and I'm currently using the lowest level, next purchase will be nicotine free. The last piece will be to lose the throat hit and hand to mouth habit and I will be done. It should be noted that everything had to be lined up properly for this to work for me but it did indeed work and the best thing about it is my cig budget is now my knife budget.

Really glad to read stories like yours, Dave, congratulations! And knowing your knife budget, you must have been one hell of a heavy smoker ;) The Public Health community is still undecided about e-cigarettes, a few studies show that they make it easier for some to get into smoking tobacco products - and many are alarmed by the tobacco companies buying up all the e-cigarette companies now, that's never a good sign. But there seem to be many who successfully use them as reduction or cessation devices. For many, stopping smoking is extremely tough, and everything that helps is welcome. In fact, I had a former drug addict talk to my class a few weeks ago, and he said that coming off heroin and crystal meth was easier than quitting smoking for him.

Stefan

Really glad to read stories like yours, Dave, congratulations! And knowing your knife budget, you must have been one hell of a heavy smoker ;) The Public Health community is still undecided about e-cigarettes, a few studies show that they make it easier for some to get into smoking tobacco products - and many are alarmed by the tobacco companies buying up all the e-cigarette companies now, that's never a good sign. But there seem to be many who successfully use them as reduction or cessation devices. For many, stopping smoking is extremely tough, and everything that helps is welcome. In fact, I had a former drug addict talk to my class a few weeks ago, and he said that coming off heroin and crystal meth was easier than quitting smoking for him.

Stefan

sorry for Hijacking the thread, but you are a teacher? what do you teach?

sorry for Hijacking the thread, but you are a teacher? what do you teach?

I work at the health department as a researcher and teach courses at a local university on the side. My background is in health psychology and public health. This last course was on the 'psychology of substance abuse'.

Stefan

Do androids dream of smoking electronic cigarettes?

"Do you smoke after sex?"
"I don't know....................
..................I never looked."

Really glad to read stories like yours, Dave, congratulations! And knowing your knife budget, you must have been one hell of a heavy smoker ;) The Public Health community is still undecided about e-cigarettes, a few studies show that they make it easier for some to get into smoking tobacco products - and many are alarmed by the tobacco companies buying up all the e-cigarette companies now, that's never a good sign.

But there seem to be many who successfully use them as reduction or cessation devices. For many, stopping smoking is extremely tough, and everything that helps is welcome. In fact, I had a former drug addict talk to my class a few weeks ago, and he said that coming off heroin and crystal meth was easier than quitting smoking for him.

Stefan

I've actually had two Dr's call me wanting to know what e-cig I used to quit with for several reasons 1> They know how addicted I truly was 2> They know how hard I tried to quit 3> They know how little Chantix, Welbutrine and other drug therapies helped me 4> They have patients that are literally dying.

I too am alarmed by the capitalistic nature of tobacco companies. I once worked on a large computer transaction with one of those companies. I flew down South and sat in front of the CFO several times in an effort to close the deal and this occurred in 2001. I was astonished when he pointed me to an ash tray and told me I could smoke if I wanted to. Hanging on the wall behind me was a news paper article that had a picture of the CFO and he was testifying before congress. This company will remain nameless but I can say they were fined huge amts of money for their involvements in smoking and here he was telling me I could smoke.

The 'cool' factor is bringing several 'cool' seekers to e-cigs .. heck we got drip tips made out of M3 for crying out loud! Consider this -> if a knife is used to commit a violent act is it the knife's fault or the users fault and then apply that logic to e-cigs.

It's all opinion I guess but I think they are valuable tools when used appropriately and like knives and guns they can cause problems when used inappropriately.

Still no cigarettes. You could say I am still smoking. Just now I am doing it in a healthier way.
I like smoking but I am liking vaping much more.
This is what I am using. Some of my terminology might be wrong because I am new at this.
The orange and silver thingy is a Reo brand, bottom feeding mod. The bottle contains unflavored e-liquid (glycerine with nicotine) The tip on top is like the tip on a pipe.
1_zps7c4abae5.jpg

Inside the unit is a battery and a juice bottle that holds the e-liquid.
2_zps292aad3c.jpg

I removed the tip so you can see the wick and coil. When you squeeze be bottle it feeds e-liquid upward to saturate the wick.
3_zpsa17a615b.jpg

Then when you push the button the coil heats up and vaporizes the e-liquid.
4_zps913d8f16.jpg

With the tip in your mouth and you take a hit it feels and tastes a lot like smoking a cigarette. And I get my nicotine. Tastes cleaner, no smell and don't get the tar and other stuff like a normal cigarette. I can notice a lot of differences in how I feel as well as how things smell and taste.
Using one of these made it easy to give up the cigarettes.

32 mg?! Woah. I was smoking half a pack to a pack a day and 24mg was too much for me. I'm also surprised to see you like the unflavored type. One of the biggest things that got me off cigs was switching to fruity liquids... I started to crave that instead of an actual cig. I do agree that you can tell a difference in how you feel, smell, and taste just by switching over.

I tried patches, gum, and cold-turkey and nothing has helped me stay away from cigs like e-cigs. That's why it makes me sad to see all the drama and misinformation in the news about them. I don't recommend anyone who doesn't smoke to start using one, but if you are a smoker - it is one of the most effective forms of actually getting off cigarettes. It's more cost effective (which is part of why I hate to see big tobacco pushing all the regulations and propaganda - they just want their piece of the pie) and much, much cleaner.

I had successfully dropped down to 6mg and then quit altogether for two months and it was the easiest quit I had ever done. I wasn't irritable and didn't have the headaches etc. I exercised a bunch and hardly craved at all. It's just frustrating how easy it is to relapse though. I went through a difficult period, bought a pack, and a week later had smoked through six of 'em. Like I had never stopped. I'm back on the e-cigs though and hope to taper down again and quit this BS for good.

32 mg?! Woah. I was smoking half a pack to a pack a day and 24mg was too much for me. I'm also surprised to see you like the unflavored type. One of the biggest things that got me off cigs was switching to fruity liquids... I started to crave that instead of an actual cig. I do agree that you can tell a difference in how you feel, smell, and taste just by switching over.
I am cutting that in half with vegetable glycerine so it is working out to about 16mg. I smoked Marlboro Mediums before. So I am guessing I am getting about the same amount of nicotine. When I tried it full strength it was too strong.
So far I haven't been too fond of the flavored stuff but found a few drops in the bottle with the unflavored gives a real subtle taste that I am liking.
I will gradually be reducing the amount of nicotine until I just set everything aside.
I don't like being dependent on anything. But I really do enjoy good food and good coffee.
Especially food! Fortunately my metabolism keeps me from going more than 10 or 15 pounds over what I weighed last century.

As good ol' Otis sang it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyMg-EhZ1Es&

I loved, loved coffee. I had to give it up. It's just way too much of a trigger for me when it comes to smoking. I switched over to green tea in the morning and honestly feel better for it, but I imagine it's easier in a hotter climate (and one that's less of a hotbed for good beans).

Alcohol is another but I can have a beer or two (or glass of wine) and do alright. I can't drink any sort of hard liquor without immediately craving nicotine though.

I found eating a lot of peanuts really helped. It keeps your hands busy. I either boil a whole bunch at home or go through packs of the spicy Cajun style ones.

Back