Etch logo advise.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the logo's arrived. While I was waiting I bought some electrical bits and made my machine. I went for 9v/18v with a high/low button and an ac/dc button. I made my hand tool from a chunk of brass. I'm using salt solution for electrolyte and craft felt on the hand tool. It seems to work well, I'm etching on 18v/dc and darkening on 9v/ac.
Here's the result. Thanks all for your input on this.
IMGP1446.jpg

Thanks, its quite nerve racking doing the first one isn't it. Its about 40 x 10mm I will need a slightly smaller one too i think. I build the machine from the specs on crawfords site. But I used an electrical diagram from somewhere else as his was a bit hard to follow. The only thing I changed was to add a switch 9v/18v. I'll dig up the links if anyone wants to build one.

I would like to see them. The logo really looks great! It looks really professional, like the knife should cost $200 an inch!

Thanks Spike, thats very kind. Hard thing choosing a logo, reccon you've got your nailed, especially with the S pin to match.
I'll dig up the links.

Back