Fillet knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So...I haven't been part of this conversation per se.....but everyday I ogle Pierre's 270 fillet knife on ****. I mean it's gorgeous. Because it comes up on a Suji search on **** (I'm shopping for a suji) I asked Pierre about the knife. He was honest...would work OK, but the knife was born to be a fillet knife. I may be off base compared to what your looking for, but still that fillet is beautiful. Just my 2 cents...

I really like Pierre and his knives.
Pierre is also a gentleman and will go that extra mile to satisfy his customers.
His fillets are really extraordinary goodlooking and among the best Ive seen on the net so far.
I also admire his participation on forums as well. Seems he is a lot in touch with his customers.

Phil Wilson:
I fall in love with his knives. I loved the Punta Chivato. Knowing he spendt years to perfect his knives, combined with his wife beeing a chef, you just know these beauties are top of the class. Ive tried to contact Phil, but no response. He does not accept new orders afaik recording to his website:
http://www.seamountknifeworks.com
I really wanted a knife from him. For me Phil is one of those special diamonds out there, making those really extraordinary blades that you know are unique.
I had not heard of him, until Dave recommended him. Anyway, I loved his website, and he seems a down to earth kind of man, who probably makes the best fillets out there based on his story and his pictures. But you cant win em all....

However none of these was chosen.
The one I went with:

DSC_6926.jpg

The reason is simple: He is the most handsome blacksmith out there, only to be passed by Lucy Sandys Clarke according to looks :p Gotta stay with those goodlookin smiths. Hehe. just kidding. Bill is one of the best and I have a order in at him already.

Too late.
Im happy Bill wanted to do this. Bill is for me the ultimate bad ass smith :)

I guess realistically, if an order was placed now for most custom makers, it would not be done until 2013, so OD can still make good on his promise.

I guess realistically, if an order was placed now for most custom makers, it would not be done until 2013, so OD can still make good on his promise.
I had the same thought as I read the post.

I have been emailing with Bill for over 2 years now.
I ordered 4 knives to begin with, and Bill have had a go at them lots of times. Bill is doing something special, and its kind of tricky to make.
So long I think its been 8 or 10 attempts to make em. During the winter I changed one order into Dragon Breaths, and thats the suji you all have seen pics of.

If I ship the knives to Norway, It will cost me shipping + 25% tax of knife value (this is a lot of extra money). Therefor I pick em up personally in NYC, and save that money. Im going to NYC 15th september and will pick up the suji, the fillet and a fork from BB. The fillet will be AEB-L and I think it will be sheep horn. Nothing special ;)

Ill wait for my turn regarding the other 3 knives, and will hopefully get them in 2013 :)

Back