First try at a kasumi finish (3k synthetic)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotmom

Reaction score
Hey all, I just recently learned about kasumi and decided to try it on my Deba. Id love to know what you guys think!

n0QJYzx.jpg
ayn1ahj.jpg

This was done with my suehiro skg-24 using a lapping plate and some cork to get the scratches out.

I'd love some "expert-ish" opinions! Hopefully some suggestions too!

I intend to go up to 8k on the core.

Looks pretty damn good! Nice contrast of Jigane and Hagane. Would help to get some different angles and some alternative light angles to see more of the finish. Perhaps a darker background as well

Looks pretty damn good! Nice contrast of Jigane and Hagane. Would help to get some different angles and some alternative light angles to see more of the finish. Perhaps a darker background as well
Ill do that when I get home!

Most of the Suehiro stones are considered 'Soft' and "Super Soft" so they dished like crazy. But, the Contrast is only second to JNat or Morihei Hi

Maybe thats why I love them so much. The feedback is great

Most of the Suehiro stones are considered 'Soft' and "Super Soft" so they dished like crazy. But, the Contrast is only second to JNat or Morihei Hi

I don't know that this extends to the (usually more expensive) lines of Suehiro stones, such as the various Debados or Gokumyos -- basically the Suehiro splash-&-gos.

The Cerax and "traditional" stones do indeed give great contrast, however. I'm assuming it's because of how easily they create mud.

Back