For my friends

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microwaves don't/won't get much use. We use it for one thing and it's not cooking any food. Never going to finish any ones food in there, not even a extra well done steak. If anything I would of liked less fryers but for what we are doing with this concept it they will probably come in handy at one point. No one will drop the blender though I definitely asked to have it placed lower on the wall. The white pads on the booth are actually put on one by one and can come off if need be to clean. Actually easier then it looks. Tables are close, but not uncomfortably close. Thanks for the kind words. Gotta get you guys some more pictures

Kind regards

Having never used one at work, and never owned one at home, I have to say microwaves are great. I always wish I had one, to soften butter, re heat leftovers, heat water for emergency tea, un-staling bread, etc.

Having never used one at work, and never owned one at home, I have to say microwaves are great. I always wish I had one, to soften butter, re heat leftovers, heat water for emergency tea, un-staling bread, etc.

Agreed. I've worked with Chefs that ban them, but personally, I think it's a bit pretentious and short sited. Technology should be used to our advantage and knowledge passed on to those using it to ensure "proper" use. I have also worked in kitchens where everything was chopped in the robo coupe which I think is ill advised as much should be done by hand, yet chopping garlic, shallots and such in large quantities, many times only to flavor a sauce to be strained out later is much more logically done in the robo. I see validity on both sides of the equation, but I try to deal with causes, and the cause of any ill advised choice always comes down to the individual and not a piece of equipment. When you build individuals around you with sound judgement you need not worry about abuse of anything, though it can be a tough task, certainly. Anyways, getting off subject ... thanks for sharing your input guys. I'm try and get some finished pics up today. Only the main PDR is not completely finished.

Kindest Regards

Bryan

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0351.JPG

DSC_0350.JPG

DSC_0387.JPG

DSC_0383.JPG

DSC_0396.JPG

DSC_0397.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0405.JPG

I have some food pics up on my facebook page as well if you guys wanna check it out. Need to get some rest, think I may have set my own personal record for hours in a week. Hope you guys enjoyed the pics and thanks again for all of your kind words, it's greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Bryan

I've worked with Chefs that ban them, but personally, I think it's a bit pretentious and short sited. Technology should be used to our advantage and knowledge passed on to those using it to ensure "proper" use.

Not sure I agree with "pretentious" but I can understand the sentiment. The issue I have with them is that they are way too easy to be turned into a crutch but as you noted surrounding your self with a solid staff is the key. Far easier said than done but I can respect any one with the sticktoitveness to follow through. In the vein of embracing technology IIR Ferran Adria used one to produce shortbread.
Smart thinking to have the booth panals be removable.
Are those digital read outs on your hood?

Dave

Not sure I agree with "pretentious" but I can understand the sentiment. The issue I have with them is that they are way too easy to be turned into a crutch but as you noted surrounding your self with a solid staff is the key. Far easier said than done but I can respect any one with the sticktoitveness to follow through. In the vein of embracing technology IIR Ferran Adria used one to produce shortbread.
Smart thinking to have the booth panals be removable.
Are those digital read outs on your hood?

Dave

I don't know about shortbread but I do know Albert Adria made making cake in the microwave popular again. I can't seem to find his recipe but here is one from a fun food blog: http://www.playingwithfireandwater.com/foodplay/2008/07/microwave-chocolate-cake.html

Bryan, the place looks great. When are you opening?

Indeed it was Sponge Cake I was thinking of that Ferran Adria made on "No Reservations" with Anthony Bourdain.

Dave

Yes I figured that's what you were implying Dave, the pretentious point was not directed at you, more so some Chef's I've worked for in the past who were a bit so. I am very blessed to have the staff I have. I said when I started it would be the best staff I ever hired, and the best staff in Tampa. I think I have fulfilled that. And you are certainly right, anyone cooking in Tampa with passion will certainly tell you the pool here to choose from is not as large as up North and other cooking "meccas" ... I had guys take pay cuts to work with me and my core group is jelling better than I could of asked. Now time to make some money and return the favor to them. Hoods I'm not sure which photo you're looking at... perhaps timers? We do a tempura fried lobster tail that is really good and Calamari steaks in strips and few other things. Can't go over at all.

Andrew we are open now. We did soft opening this week and by this weekend we should have it blasted out across the Bay area here. I was tired and the walk-in and freezer a bit messy. We straightened it up today.

Can't thank you guys enough for all the kind comments.

Kind regards

Bryan

Bryan G.
Thanks for sharing with pictures.
Congratulations and Best Wishes !

Back